Nitrous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitrous?

Ok so iv bought a ZEX wet kit 82021 and the kit is rated for a 33-77 shot and I was wondering if I could put a bigger jet on it due to I have a heavily modified motor (kinda) and what elss I should get to put this kit on my car I'm new to the nitrous world so I'm kinda clueless :poke:

Mods. Bored .30 over Cnc heads comp gt2 cam forged Steel Pistons fast toys whisper lid peacesettler headers Taylor throttle body spacer msd ignition and more I can't think of

Re: Nitrous?

What comes with the Zex kit? I would want a window switch , Wot switch ,bottle warmer , nitrous gauge. Are you a auto or manual? A wideband is a must, I would run the shot they give you and tune that in to working right then go up from there. Hptuners is a must if you don't have it already for the GT 2 cam.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 03-31-2016, 05:38 PM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by akaneo View Post
      I'm kinda clueless :poke:

Mods. forged Steel Pistons

Yea... you are.
      sigpic

Comment

So far iv got the nitrous gauge and a purge kit and I got it all tuned at a shop in town

Comment

And its a manual

Comment

Originally posted by akaneo View Post
            And its a manual
            I would get a shift light. Your going to have to get it dyno tuned if you go up on the shot. I would just get Hptuners and a wideband might save you money in the long run.
            Last edited by ssms5411; 04-09-2016, 01:35 PM.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Iv already got the DiabloSport i2000 tuner for my truck if need be I'll just pay the 150 to use it on the car as well
              And I ordered a rmp switch from jegs so that should be here this week I might just use my tuner due to I got bigger injectiors for the car that I will need to get turned aging but will it be a big difference from the dynamic tune and the Diablo tune?

Comment

I would still get a wideband O2 or every time you change the tune your Air/fuel mixture is going to be off and you risk running lean and blowing the engine.

Comment

Ok thank you I'll start looking into them

Comment

Before I put the car up for sale, I had nitrous oxide on my mod'ed '01. On the motor, it made 244.9-rwhp SAE (299 at the flywheel), and with the bottle it made 316.3-rwhp (386 at the flywheel). That's on 94.5-oct fuel and it's about an 85-shot which was all I wanted to go with a stock short block. I used hardware from Nitrous Supply. It was a dry kit...the only safe way to go on a port injected engine, IMO. Nitrous Supply's system feeds reduced gas pressure to the FPR to up fuel pressure when nitrous is enabled. Once it's set-up and tuned the system worked very well.

The key to a motor on the bottle which performs well and is reasonable durable is tuning. I do my own cal work using HPTuners and on the motor I tune for .87-lambda at WOT and on nitrous I shoot for about .80-lambda at WOT. I should add that it took a bit of tweaking to get the nitrous system to work such that I had .80-lambda. Getting the Nitrous Supply bypass jet just right was the time consuming task.

Steve is going to post my entire "Tom Henry RS" project series elsewhere on this site fairly soon. Pt 6 will cover the installation and tuning of the nitrous oxide system I had on my three-eight.

For those interested, I'm going to put the nitrous hardware I had on the car up for sale sometime in the next few weeks. It will be everything you need to put a 75-shot on a 3800 including two bottles of gas and a throttle body with the nitrous nozzle already installed.
                    Last edited by Hib Halverson; 09-04-2017, 03:26 PM.

Comment

How much $ for your mods did it take to get to 245 rwhp? The polishing, extrusion hone, etc.
                      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I never totalled up the costs, but I'd say you'd have to be way into V6es to want to spend the money and time it took to get to that point. I still have the car for sale (now priced at 5750). I had an email from someone who wanted more pics so I washed the car and took it over to a big empty parking lot near here and shot more photos.

Then, to get the oil, trans and axle lubes up to temperature before I parked the car again, I got on the freeway and hammered that thing. Wow. For a street legal, N/A 3800 with a stock axle ratio, the car still pulls hard.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                          Had to get another phone
                          by ssms5411
                          Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                          1 week ago
                        • ssms5411
                          Leaking front cover
                          by ssms5411
                          So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                          2 weeks ago
                        • transamtom1
                          Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                          by transamtom1
                          Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X