inexpensive Nitrous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inexpensive Nitrous?

what is a good budget nitrous set up i will only run 70-80 shots and maby 100 for that 1 trackday when i want to break my personal records.

A friend has a nitrous kit for sell its for a 4-barrel holley. can i adapt it to fit my car? it has the plate that sits under the carb
    Last edited by 01PewterDropTop; 04-03-2012, 10:18 PM.

Re: inexpensive Nitrous?

http://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-clas...a-goodies.html

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=117

Comment

you'll have to decide on a dry or wet shot and get the nozzel for it.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Im thinking Dry. I have heard bad things about the wet shots on our cars.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a wet shot.
          sigpic

Comment

I've ran both and prefer wet shot, thats what I run right now.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

With a wet shot just make sure it doesn't pool. Dry is fine for a modest shot if you have the tuning and the injectors to handle it. I wouldn't try to do a particularly cheap kit.

When I was pricing out a setup it was running about $1200+ or so, if I remember correctly. That was including a controller with RPM windowing, progressive staging and WOT activation, fuel pressure cutoff safety switch (kills the system if fuel pressure drops), lean shutdown safety switch (shuts down if lean), switch panel, bottle warmer, remote opener, pressure gauge (don't want unexpected pressure), etc..

You really want to do nitrous safely so those bare bones dry/wet kits with just a bottle, solenoids, jets, lines and a switch are too dangerous IMO.
              Last edited by OneEightSeven; 04-05-2012, 09:57 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OneEightSeven View Post
                With a wet shot just make sure it doesn't pool. Dry is fine for a modest shot if you have the tuning and the injectors to handle it. I wouldn't try to do a particularly cheap kit.

When I was pricing out a setup it was running about $1200+ or so, if I remember correctly. That was including a controller with RPM windowing, progressive staging and WOT activation, fuel pressure cutoff safety switch (kills the system if fuel pressure drops), lean shutdown safety switch (shuts down if lean), switch panel, bottle warmer, remote opener, pressure gauge (don't want unexpected pressure), etc..

You really want to do nitrous safely so those bare bones dry/wet kits with just a bottle, solenoids, jets, lines and a switch are too dangerous IMO.

You worry way too much. IF your that scared then don't spray it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
                  You worry way too much. IF your that scared then don't spray it.
                  It's a matter of doing things safely. I know plenty of guys around Houston that have blown up everything from small 4 bangers to ls7 corvette and 2jz supra engines through mistakes or failure. The point of the safety systems I listed is to prevent those mistakes from causing up to $13,000+ dollars worth of damage (for more exotic engines). Nothing worse than your fuel pump failing while you run and spray. Our motors are pretty cheap, but even so, most guys that have blown up a motor from a bad nitrous experience would have gone back in time and run a safer setup if it would have helped in their particular scenario. Even if money is no object, no one wants the hassle of a motor swap when a an extra ~400 dollars would have prevented it.

Nitrous can be safe with a decent kit. The issue is that mistakes or hardware failures with nitrous are often instantly disastrous. Of course you will still likely fail if your solenoid(s) jams open, heh.
                  Last edited by OneEightSeven; 04-06-2012, 04:26 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

just run a 100 wet shot with a progressive controller.

go on ls1tech parts classifieds, cheap complete kits with extras come up all the time

Comment

nitrous is very safe if used correctly :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                        Hello everyone!
                        by Andy H
                        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • 3.4 slow to go
                        hey there strangers!
                        by 3.4 slow to go
                        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Had to get another phone
                        by ssms5411
                        Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X