Headers - years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers - years

i'm assuming headers for a 3.8L v6 firebird are the same as a 3.8L v6 camaro.

what years for these 4th gens are compatible? i've seen headers advertised for the 4th gens for up to 99, which makes me think the 00-02 are different. But then i've seen headers advertised for all the 4th gen years?!

Can someone help me out?

the reason i ask is because i'm looking at getting some headers (can't find them used, gonna have to bit the bullet and buy new) and saw a cool set with a good price, but they say they're for a camaro and up to 99.

i have a 2000 bird.

Re: Headers - years

Are u looking at pacesetter headers . They should be the same . Check e bay

Comment

As far as I know, the engine-to-frame configuration for F-bodies from '96 to '02 are the same. There will be differences between the build time of '95's, due to the engine going from 3.4L to 3.8L, but the 3.8L will have the "K" in the engine VIN. I don't think you have to worry about it. Now, as far as longtubes(??), I'm not sure, I've heard of there being a set out there, but I prefer the Pacesetter shorts.

Comment

I like my RKSport headers they have been on my car for 9 years and still have their good coating like when I first got them. Just swap to 3 bolt flanges and your set with them not leaking. They have the biggest primaries at 1.75"s and flow great esp. if you have a cam.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i checked ebay, and saw some painted black ones (which i know will burn off) for around $250 and then came across these ones for a camaro that are chrome for $299.
          i'll probably just get the $250 pacesetters and call it good.

(the chrome was cool though...)

Comment

If their ceramic coated I would go with them, mine has lasted 9 years, good stuff.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

If it's a chrome-like ceramic, it would be good for just a little more. Plus the longevity you'd get...Very worth it. If they are actually chrome plated, I'd stay away. Once they discolor....let's just say you wouldn't like them. I always regarded chrome plated headers for cars that were strictly trailer queens.

Comment

i'll double check if they're ceramic coated.

Comment

Originally posted by pathology knight View Post
                  i'll double check if they're ceramic coated.
                  i believe you are referring to the stainless steel obx headers. you might possible be the first person to get them. i say go for it and let us know how they work out.

Comment

screamin- i think you're right. i think they are the stainless. anyone know how stainless would be vs ceramic?

i got an email back saying he thought the emissions were different. anyone know for sure?

Comment

pacesetter makes headers for the 3.4 which is 93-95 and the 3.8 which is 95-02. Here are the best prices to find them right now.

Armor coated: https://securehost98.hrwebservices.n...&productId=130

Black painted: https://securehost98.hrwebservices.n...&productId=131

Comment

those are the best prices i've seen! (and i know they'll work)
                        thanks.

Comment

check jegs.com too. good prices & fast shipping
                          pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                          gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                            Hello everyone!
                            by Andy H
                            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • 3.4 slow to go
                            hey there strangers!
                            by 3.4 slow to go
                            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X