new exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new exhaust

ok so my cat is clogged causing all sorts of problems for my car and i have to get inspected this month. exhaust systems are in every thread it seems but i had just one question. I currently run an open cutout from my headers after my cat. its loud i love it. if it wasn't so loud in the cabin it would be great.

since i wont pass with a cutout on my car i was thinking of putting a tsp rumbler on it that way it would be like the cutout but at least plumed all the way out the back..do u think my cabin will be a little bit quieter?

and can i fail inspection for being loud?
    1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
    Comp Cam 260h w/ 1.6 rockers, J&M STB, UMI 3pt SFC's, Spohn RCA's + Adj. PHR, KYB AGX Shocks, PS Headers, Cutout, Posi Rear w/3.42's, Aluminum DS, Wings West Body Kit, SS Hood/Spoiler, 17" TT2's 9.5/11" 275/315's, 5% tint
    sigpic

Re: new exhaust

check with ur state/county..... we dont even have inspections

Comment

simple solution: electric cutout.

we have pretty strict laws here in virginia and emissions are definitely enforced, but if you get an electric valve for yours you can just close it for inspection to pass and run it open or partial while you drive---should help reduce cabin nose as well. i dont think emissions tests count for actual decibels, but a cop will write you a nice fat excessive noise violation. and if you're looking for a loud catback, the rumbler is right up your alley (vanbibber will vouch on that i'm sure) or a slp loudmouth II.
      pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
      gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Originally posted by venom3300 View Post
        check with ur state/county..... we dont even have inspections

X2 here they just pulg in check for codes and check gas cap.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

here they get the mirrors out and everything, jersey sux. i have a cutout but i have to take it off for inspection. i run the cutout open all the time and the cops dont bother me one bit besides the tint.

im running cat to cutout right before the rear. has to be louder than a LM1-2 or the rumbler
          im just curious if having it run all the way out the back instead of right under my seat will make my cabin quieter.
          1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
          Comp Cam 260h w/ 1.6 rockers, J&M STB, UMI 3pt SFC's, Spohn RCA's + Adj. PHR, KYB AGX Shocks, PS Headers, Cutout, Posi Rear w/3.42's, Aluminum DS, Wings West Body Kit, SS Hood/Spoiler, 17" TT2's 9.5/11" 275/315's, 5% tint
          sigpic

Comment

In WA it depends on what city you live in. "Rural" areas don't require it. "City" does. And it's not too tough. They plug in the gas cap, check the OBD II, good to go.

Comment

ok so i hear somepeople pass and some fail in my area...so im gona do it and if i fail the dvm station ill just go pay to have it inspected at a shop...

so not the question is...the rumbler is 3" and i think my y pipe from the paceetters is 2.25" correct?

so do i get a 3" cat and have a shop make it fit with reducers

and then they have to add and "S" pipe to fit the catback to the cat...anyone do this or have a pic of a tsw rumbler on a v6
              1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                3 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X