Engine Code 1441 "Purge During Non Purge Conditions" - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine Code 1441 "Purge During Non Purge Conditions"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Code 1441 "Purge During Non Purge Conditions"

I am getting that code. Does anyone know what I could replace to fix that? I'd read it could be the purge valve or the carbon canister itself, but nothing solid I've been able to find?

Re: Engine Code 1441 "Purge During Non Purge Conditions"

Originally posted by DerekGlidewell View Post
    I am getting that code. Does anyone know what I could replace to fix that? I'd read it could be the purge valve or the carbon canister itself, but nothing solid I've been able to find?
    I once had that code on my old 96 camaro with the 3.8l. I had it scanned about three times and it gave me two different codes; 0440 and 1440.

I replaced a few different things, then I finally saw the problem...
    My old thread, post #4.

I'll try to find a picture of what I did to solve the problem. It was an easy fix. At least, it was easy in my case.
    Last edited by hockeyman; 05-11-2009, 12:37 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

I replaced the plastic line with a 3/8" fuel hose. I circled the replacement line in the attached picture.

If that's not the problem, post it here. Before I found that broken line, I put in a new canister, fuel tank pressure valve, one (1) O2 sensor and purge valve.
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks bud. I'll check the line first.

Comment

Mine is 1996, so I'm not sure if that's why, but I don't have one of those hoses connected to my throttle body.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekGlidewell View Post
            Mine is 1996, so I'm not sure if that's why, but I don't have one of those hoses connected to my throttle body.
            Is there any hose at all connected?

That hose goes from the side of the throttle body to the purge valve -behind the alternator. If yours isnt there, connect them with a new hose, drive the car for a bit and see if the ses light goes out.
            sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to get another phone
              by ssms5411
              Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
              1 week ago
            • ssms5411
              Leaking front cover
              by ssms5411
              So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
              2 weeks ago
            • transamtom1
              Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
              by transamtom1
              Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X