Ram Air mod saves me money!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram Air mod saves me money!!

I just wanted to post some unexpected results...

i did the ram air mod not to long ago and was thrilled with the results and the fact that i am now getting +2 mpg!!! I didn't know if it would gain me much in that department, but after filling up yesterday, i got +30 more miles out of my tank.
    For 90-95% in-town driving: light stop-n-go, avg 30mph, only 10 miles (one way) at a time, i got 335 miles on my tank and put in just over 14 gallons. That brings it to roughly 23 mpg with most of all my driving being in-town.

Granted, it's not the best here (my wife's cr-v gets a little better around town) but i'm pretty happy with it. I added the ram air hood, but don't know if or what that would improve other than the looks. i'm also looking at getting the lower ram air box from a ws6 to see if that might change something too.

Either way....for a mod that cost less than $10 (paid for 3" coupling) i think the results are worth it! i'm gonna have to plan a "highway" trip and see what it can do!

Re: Ram Air mod saves me money!!

my camaro premodd would get 38mpg

now i'm lucky to get 12 mpg
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I think I'm still getting 18-20 mpg with being cammed with 36lb injectors and 3.73's out back, but there is something wrong with the long skinny pedalon the right it goes down to the floor most of the time when I drive.LOL If I drove nromal I could get a decent 25-28 if I watched my wideband and tuned it to run for gas mileage but oh well, I would of bought a civic if I wanted that. I hope the turbo doesn't drop it too much down anymore when it goes on about another month and I think I'll be ready.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I got around 19 for the first tank. Completely stock. I couldn't test it anymore because I started modding it.

Now it still gets 19. I drive like a madman though.

Comment

i drive pretty easy unless i gotta drop the hammer!

kristen- you got 38?! wow!
          5411- 25-28 is pretty good too.

i'm thinking i'd get around 30 with the cruise on.

i don't really race my car or do anything like that, it's just my daily driver, so mpg is (kinda) important...but i still like the get-up-n-go when i need it. :)

Comment

i was getting like 18-19 then i put new ngk plugs in and now im getting 22 but thats the highest ive ever seen i also cant go more than 5 miles without having the hammer down at least once lol

Comment

Kristen's full of ****. I believe 28mpg, not 38. If she meant to say 38... wow. I'm impressed.

I still get close to 30 on the highway, even after a decent amount of mods. In town, I do terribly. I have also started driving like a pissed off teenager though (go figure, not even a teen anymore) so that could be it.
              2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
              2006 S60- Sold
              2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

i get around 18 in the city, but i get on it 90% of the time i drive ha, o well

Comment

The only 38 mpg cars I knew of back in the late 90's to early 00's was the Inbreds. <Yes, I meant to spell it like that.
                  sigpic

Comment

the best i ever recorded was 19.6...i have the same problem as ssms, pedal gets stuck to the floor sometimes, like leaving red lights, and in front of kindergarten classes....
                    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

my bolt-on rich 3.4 gets like 14? I was getting 10 before the headers though, something was seriously wrong with it, o well.

Comment

14?! that really blows dude

Comment

I just filled up and did 22, all in town.

That's with an air silencer delete, and a custom exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                            the best i ever recorded was 19.6...i have the same problem as ssms, pedal gets stuck to the floor sometimes, like leaving red lights, and in front of kindergarten classes....
                            i get 15-16 around town 27+ interstate...... and same problem as ssms and flamingchicken the gas just sticks to the floor, usually at redlights stop signs and on rainy days :burn:.... anybody know wht wrong with our cars? lol

Comment

I get about 25 mpg. Headers don't help me much.
                              Leonard
                              www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
                              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X