high flow cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high flow cat

i think i need to replace my cat (for the third time :bs:) it keeps giving me the stupid code and im out of ideas so thats my last resort. well i have a 2.5 in and out on the cat but im looking to get a 3 inch and since im waiting to get my headers installed ill do it all at the same time :naughty: but i was wondering which one. i have magnaflow but dont know the part # i ordered one and it was to small according to my mechanic so he replaced it with the one i have at this moment. heard catco is good but idk well if anybody got so sites or part # i would like that running out of time emission is in may

Re: high flow cat

any high flow cat is gonna trigger the ses light eventually, you need an o2 sim to prevent it or hptuners
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
      any high flow cat is gonna trigger the ses light eventually, you need an o2 sim to prevent it or hptuners
      I have headers, high flow cat, and cat back. No codes at all. Whats the code your getting?

Comment

Yeah I would bet you are getting the post-cat code. If so, get it deleted and see what happens when they do the emissions test. Here in IL they just hook the scanner to the computer and if no codes come up you pass. They don't even analyze the exhaust gases any more (at least where I go). I have my post-cat O2 turned off and mine passed the test. I still have a stock cat, but like I said, they didn't even check the actual emissions on mine. They just scanned it for codes.
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
          I have headers, high flow cat, and cat back. No codes at all. Whats the code your getting?
          p0420 thats wat i keep getting but here in tx they freaking check everything

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
            where do i get a 02 sim at? hptuners not enough money for that just yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              2 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X