finnaly sold the old camaro now to spend some money on the new one - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

finnaly sold the old camaro now to spend some money on the new one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finnaly sold the old camaro now to spend some money on the new one

i should get the money for it on saterday hopefully otherwise monday or tuesday

ok so i am for sure getting pacesetters i want to get the black painted ones where is the cheapest place to get them?

i just have a muffler and tips now

im going to do a full 2.5 inch exhaust but that will be in the end of june when im back in sd and can have my exhaust guy do it any advice on a muffler?

and i think this summer im going to do a arh n/a cam with comp 105# springs
    or possibly turbo it im not sure yet. or is there a better option?

i shaved the factory lid but is there anything you guys would recomend as far as intake

oh yea it is an 2002 5speed

Re: finnaly sold the old camaro now to spend some money on the new one

Get rid of that sound dampner behind the lid. inheritthefire just recently made this setup..

Don't go with flowmaster. Cheap but, cheap for a reason. I just got a dynomax super turbo muffler which a few people praise, but I have an exhaust leak to fix and it needs to be broken in before I can give a real opinion on it.

Turbo it. I love my turbo. So much.
    It will be expensive, and you MUST do the supporting mods I.E. larger injectors, walbro 255 fuel pump, tune/HP tuners. You cannot skimp on supporting mods or your engine WILL fail.

If you do turbo it, you may want to wait on doing the exhaust setup till you get everything planned out.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

yea ive already got rid of the sound dampner. i would really like to turbo it but i want to keep it so i am 100%sure that i can make a 4 hr drive with no worries and it would be a lot of fab work im thinging if i do turbo its going to be off of the headers and then to the front because it would be a crazy lot of work to make ffh

i wont be doing my muffler and piping untill the end of june so i will see how you like it im guessingh my exhaust guy will recomend magnaflow so idk

Comment

a good place to get headers is gvperformance.com they have good deals. also have you given nitrous any thoughts??? its relatively inexpensive and a whole lot of fun IMO

Comment

do a seach....and there is alot that you can do before you dig into the engine. that way you get the cam you need and don't have to change it out down the line
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

yea i just have to chose between n/a and turbo befor summer when im doing the cam im guessing i will stay na and get arh n/a cam and im also geting a aluminum driveshaft. yes im also thinking about n20 but im afraid im gunna take out the t-5 then

Comment

Originally posted by tomham View Post
              when im doing the cam im guessing i will stay na and get arh n/a cam and im also geting a aluminum driveshaft. yes im also thinking about n20 but im afraid im gunna take out the t-5 then
              that is a legit concern, currently i have bolt-ons, 1.9 rockers, and a 75 dry shot stressing my t-5 and im planning on upping the shot to 100 soon. so i will personally let you know how long it takes before the tranny shatters LOL. i also hear that the arh n/a cam responds well to spray. just something to keep in mind.

Comment

yea ive heard that about the cam 2 that is why i am really tempter to spray and i guess i know how to rebuild my tranny but i dont wanna have to cnstantly rebuild it or pay $2400 for g-force parts

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  2 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X