slp air lid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slp air lid

Anyone put an slp air lid on a 99 and up camaro? Since I can't find a whisper lid, I am thinking of buying an slp (v8) air lid. I was wondering if anybody had any pics of how they connected it to the tb.

thanks!
    2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5
    Flowmaster 80 series muffler, B&M ripper shifter, SLP grille

Re: slp air lid

The 3.8 air lid is offset while the v8 lid is centered, I don't think you can mix them.

Comment

You have to substantially modify an SLP lid to work, and even then it will tend to warp and leak air. I would recommend just paying the $170 and getting a Whisper Motorsports lid from Ecklers or Hawks Third gen.

Comment

I realize the slp one is centered and I don't think hawks third gen has any whisper lids left (even though they still have them on their website). Several people have said they ordered them but never got them. I emailed whisper motorsports but never got a response. I remember seeing pics of someone who got the slp lid to work but I can't find it again. I think he just made some sort of offset pipe to connect them.
        2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5

Comment

Copied from another page: http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...ad.php?t=53296

Not as effective or aesthetically appealing as the V6 Whisper Lid. But when times get tough, it's an alternate. Although I'm sure shaving the stock lid and removing the air silencer would probably yield similar results. This was done on a 2000 Firebird with straight intake.

Originally posted by 2000whitebird View Post
          the pipe need to be cut an angle

I have some pics of the lid and what I used . I buy a 4" pvc pipe, stock intake from tahoe(the rubber part)

the rubber pc. is tight you have to forced in ( no clamps needed is f***ing tight)

'99 Camaro
          '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
          '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

thanks for the pics. That looks like it would be tight getting the lid on and off to clean the filter. I was hoping to find a rubber offset piece but I haven't had any luck.
            2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to get another phone
              by ssms5411
              Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
              1 week ago
            • ssms5411
              Leaking front cover
              by ssms5411
              So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
              2 weeks ago
            • transamtom1
              Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
              by transamtom1
              Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X