throttle body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throttle body

for the last week my car won't start. i have a code that says p1518(pcm to tac module serial data circuit) i tried charging the battery and that didn't work so i took the throttle body off andi noticed its stuck open. now could that be making that code cause i read on another site that it did for another car.i have an 02 camaro and if anybody could tell me how to fix it i would appreciate it
    Last edited by jeffyp32; 04-04-2009, 04:37 PM.

Re: throttle body

Is your throttle body all gunked up with carbon?

I took mine off a while ago (00 Firebird) and cleaned it out pretty good... I had about 1/8" of buildup on the back of the... I don't know the name for it, the disk inside of the throttle body.

It might be that you have some build up gumming up the throttle body... because the thing is spring loaded, so it should snap back. If it isn't gummed up, and it's just loose in there... the spring might be broken on the inside? Just a guess.

I can't give you any help on the code, though... sorry.

Comment

Re: throttle body

i have a t/b from a 99 firebird id let go for cheap if you need it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
        Hello everyone!
        by Andy H
        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
        2 weeks ago
      • 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X