Chambered Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chambered Exhaust

This is a list of the high horsepower guys running the XP cam, you need alot of mods just to run 1.7 rockers with the XP cam, ZZP stage 3 heads which ported/ polished just about as far as you can go, noticed only one guy is running 1.7 rockers with these $2000 heads. Which would require #130 springs and a double roller timing chain, OER lifters for higher revs accccording to ZZP's website where the cam came from. So 1.8 rockers on your car wouldn't be running long. So whatever the guy told you I wouldn't believe it, you have a better chance getting picked up by alliens. We are bashing you because were telling you the setup will not work. If you've worked on cars since ten you should of done your home work or asked for receipts of the work done, if he had all that work done to it most likely he would have headers and a 3" exhaust also intake to take advantage of the heads and cam. Also ported/polished upper and lower intakes and poished TB.

ZZP's Comp Cam XP Grind:
    1. MIGPCPREZ w/ 367WHP (G5-m90, I/C, 1.7, ZZP S3 Heads)
    2. John C w/ 361WHP (I/C, custom heads) SAE
    3. Adam_Murphy w/ 360WHP (G5-m90, I/C, stock heads, 9.5:1) STD
    3. GTXPrix w/ 350WHP (I/C, IS3 Heads)
    4. jamhoney w/ 347WHP (G5 m-90, I/C, stock heads)
    5. phat_gtp7 w/ 346WHP (G5 m-90, I/C, stock heads) STD
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_freak39 View Post
      okay guys you know what, I may be new but I've been working on cars since I was like ten so if you all want to call bs on me then fine. And I'm just telling you what the guy I bought the car from said it had. If you're all gonna get *****y and bash me for saying what was said to me then fine but I just don't think it's necessary.
      I'm not bashing or even trying to be negative. Just stating a fact; there must be some serious headwork to clear 1.8s and the XP cam. Hell, for all we know you could have some one of a kind custom Stage X heads that would work. But as you stated, you're going based off of what you were told.

Honestly, this is why I would never buy a modified car, unless I knew the person that did all the work and what exactly was going into it. But this is just my preference. I suggest you read up on this site and find out what does work and what doesn't when it comes to these engines, because you may be needing some help down the road if that indeed is the setup for your car.

Until then, my vote is to try out the chambered exhaust, since a majority of us don't know how it sounds on these cars. Post up a vid and keep it if you like the sound. If you don't, there are many other options out there.
      '99 Camaro
      '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
      '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Ok guys, I found out that it's not the XP cam. the idiot my dad bought it from was talking about his other camaro. it has a completely stock motor. I've never heard it run so sorry about the innacurate info. It does have the ram air kit. I am however planning on a cam but I'm not sure which one yet. I think I'm going to try the chambered muffler and see how it sounds. I'll post up some vids when I get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          I'm sure out of that 6.0L it was pretty damm loud, have you or are you going to put a different muffler on it? What muffler on you going to go with?
          Actually, I have about 4 different sets of muffllers I built for the goat sitting in my garage. Right now, I have two flowmaster super 40's on it, but I can change the mufflers within 20 minutes. Each muffler is held on by two bolts and two rubber hangers. Diagram
          sigpic

Comment

i have a Rumbler cat-back, with a sweet-thunder inplace of the bullet and IMO my car doesnt sound bad.

i get people telling me it sounds good everywhere i go. it is a tad on the loud side with pacesetters and a highflow cat.

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...t=MVI_0492.flv
            1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to get another phone
              by ssms5411
              Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
              1 week ago
            • ssms5411
              Leaking front cover
              by ssms5411
              So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
              2 weeks ago
            • transamtom1
              Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
              by transamtom1
              Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X