Dynomax super turbo muffler installed - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynomax super turbo muffler installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynomax super turbo muffler installed

So I got done installing my dynomax super turbo muffler. And it was a tiny bit more challenging fabbing up pipes and stuff. But definitely cheaper. Way cheaper.

I installed it where the cat would normally be, fits pretty good. Harbor freight welders are still crap.

My impression of this muffler was.. Wow this is quiet. That is compared to what I've been driving around with which was an open downpipe that dumps under the passenger seat. I can definitely hear when the wastegate opens now. I have more of a sleeper car now too, that'll be fun. I can also hear all the bad stuff now. Well just one bad thing that only appears when I hit the brakes. I think it's some of the under K pipes rubbing.. something.. the road maybe.

The other muffler I have on my 02 is that ever so popular flowmaster 80. I swear I think that thing is hallow. I've only had a 2 minute drive with the new muffler so I'll have to wait to give a decent comparison but so far, I like it. I'll see how it sounds in the upper RPM range tomorrow morning.

Anyways, if the weather permits, since I'm hopefully putting my nite shade to use tomorrow, I'll snap a few pics of my crappy welds. I really didn't put enough time into it to make it look good but honestly, I knew it wouldn't look good from the start when I knew I was using a 130er somethin dollar welder.

TEAM C6V6

Re: Dynomax super turbo muffler installed

Good to hear you got one, I'm surprised it fit where the CAT is. I think you'll like the sound, although being so far up I don't know how it will sound, thats one short exhaust.LOL I couldn't imagine how loud it was with a open downpipe. I would of just used a clamp since it is already expanded, thats what I did since going through 4-5 mufflers I got tried of welding them up and then cutting them out. Let us know how it sounds.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Re: Dynomax super turbo muffler installed

I measured 50 times, crossed my fingers, and clicked "add to cart". I'll get a vid up when I get around to it.

Have you tried any borla mufflers? While the muffler was in transit already I saw that jegs.. or summit had a sale on borla mufflers. From what I've heard, borla is the brand to have.
      Last edited by Blizzard242; 04-02-2009, 12:45 AM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
        Had to get another phone
        by ssms5411
        Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
        1 week ago
      • ssms5411
        Leaking front cover
        by ssms5411
        So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
        2 weeks ago
      • transamtom1
        Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
        by transamtom1
        Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X