where can i get a y-pipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can i get a y-pipe?

i can only find that one and it includes the cat, which is $400 all together, i just want the y-pipe for now, because im pretty sure that is what is making my rattling noise (thanks to the members here)

this is for a 98' camaro

thanks

Re: where can i get a y-pipe?

i guess i should make myself more clear, i need the downpipe/ypipe

basically this:

without the cat

Comment

I have an extra 2- 2 1/4" openings on one side and a 3" on the other side, bought it and went with a different design. It is brand new from Summit Racing paid $40 shipped. If you want it I would do $25 shipped if you want it. PM me if interested.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        I have an extra 2- 2 1/4" openings on one side and a 3" on the other side, bought it and went with a different design. It is brand new from Summit Racing paid $40 shipped. If you want it I would do $25 shipped if you want it. PM me if interested.
        can you take a picture?

i need the piece that connects to the exhaust manifolds and runs down into the y-pipe and into the cat

because from what i understand for some reason there is two pipes inside of there, and mine is rattling somewhere

Comment

like in this picture.. im assuming this is right after the cat where the pipe splits into two pieces: http://forum.camarov6.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=13

Comment

Mine is like this from flowmaster 2-2 1/4" to 3", Summit racing:
            Attached Files
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Mine is like this from flowmaster 2-2 1/4" to 3", Summit racing:
              hm

is the y-pipe welded the the cat? or is it be clamped on?

i dont think that is going to help me, since i think the rattle is in the downpipe going to the ypipe?

but really, i have no idea i just want the rattling sound to go away it is so annoying

Comment

The peice that is doubled layered most of the time is the pipe comiing from the drivers side header over to the Y pipe runs under the oil pan, that is where people install a screw or like me just broke out the welder and burnt though the pipes and welded them back together.

Comment

The peice that is doubled layered most of the time is the pipe comiing from the drivers side header over to the Y pipe runs under the oil pan, that is where people install a screw or like me just broke out the welder and burnt though the pipes and welded them back together.
                  where exactly should the screws go?

just in front of the y pipe in the picture, or should i put them along the pipe that is behind the oil pan?

Comment

You should be able to feel where it is double up at, then it would be up to you to put the screws in since I have never used screws on it.

Comment

I have the stock cat and y pipe all still one piece....like the one in the pic. Only 49k miles on it if your interested.

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                        I have the stock cat and y pipe all still one piece....like the one in the pic. Only 49k miles on it if your interested.
                        does it have the downpipe from the exhaust manifolds?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                          Hello everyone!
                          by Andy H
                          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                          2 weeks ago
                        • 3.4 slow to go
                          hey there strangers!
                          by 3.4 slow to go
                          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X