throttle body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throttle body

Does anyone know how much trouble it would be to put a throttle body with a cable on a 99 firebird and get rid of that awful fly by wire bs that gm decided to put on v6's?
    99' firebird 3.8
    pacesetter headers, single chamber flow, no cat, spec flywheel, spec 2+ clutch, 02 ss rear end.

sigpic

Re: throttle body

Alot of work,need TB, upper intake ,PCM, plus wiring for/or on new harness, throttle cable and gas pedal. I think that is all of them.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

oh well, do you know anywhere that sells throttle bodies?
      99' firebird 3.8
      pacesetter headers, single chamber flow, no cat, spec flywheel, spec 2+ clutch, 02 ss rear end.

sigpic

Comment

Look in the for sale scetion or ebay might try ZZP , I know they have L67 TB's but I don't know about L36 TB's. Are you just kidding around?J/K LOL Had to do it.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Tuning a drive by wire pcm to accept a throttle cable is going to be a lot of work for minimal effects. Just asking, but why do you want a cable driven throttle body?
          '99 Camaro
          '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
          '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

not worth the hassle and cost. You would be gaining nothing in the end
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

i'm just having problems with my tb and its starting to upset me and i had been looking for new ones and couldn't find them is all. like its really hard to stay running in the morning and my cruise dont work anymore.
              99' firebird 3.8

sigpic

Comment

i didn't have these problems til the car sat for about 4 or 5 months cause i broke the rear end and spun the clutch. Didnt have the money then to fix it. I have a new tune coming for it, im gonna see if its just a glitch in the pcm or what ill find out monday when its supposed to come in i guess.
                99' firebird 3.8

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                  Look in the for sale scetion or ebay might try ZZP , I know they have L67 TB's but I don't know about L36 TB's. Are you just kidding around?J/K LOL Had to do it.
                  FWD L67 and L36 TB will NOT fit our UIM.
                  Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
                    FWD L67 and L36 TB will NOT fit our UIM.
                    I know they don't but, but they might have a extra on hand, I find alot of parts in their clearance stuff. They can polish your TB if you send it to them. Don't know the price.

Comment

When I first got my 2001,I didn't really like the drive by wire it seamed hesitant.

The PCM learns your driving habits and the DBW hesitation is not noticeable anymore:)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                        Had to get another phone
                        by ssms5411
                        Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                        1 week ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Leaking front cover
                        by ssms5411
                        So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • transamtom1
                        Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                        by transamtom1
                        Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X