Does anyone have a cutout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a cutout?

I need help placing a e-cutout I don't know whether it should be in front of the cat or before or does it even matter ? Also is there a sound differnce? Also what cut out do u recomend?

98 firebird v6 3800

Re: Does anyone have a cutout?

I have mine before the cat, I have an aftermarket shorter cat so there was room in the front to put it. Plus I have hptuners to tune out the o2 sensor that is normally after the cat and triggers a SES light if you put the cutout before it.

I suggest seeing where you have the room for it and go from there.

I run a 3" e-cutout from DMH. QTP makes a nice one too

And for a sound difference, ummm, I am not sure if you are serious on that. I hope it was a joke.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

[QUOTE=97rs4life;910417]I have mine before the cat, I have an aftermarket shorter cat so there was room in the front to put it. Plus I have hptuners to tune out the o2 sensor that is normally after the cat and triggers a SES light if you put the cutout before it.

I suggest seeing where you have the room for it and go from there.

I run a 3" e-cutout from DMH. QTP makes a nice one too

And for a sound difference, ummm, I am not sure if you are serious on that. I hope it was a joke.[/Q

No seriously is there a sound differnce depending on where u put it ?

Comment

yes there is.
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by robert View Post
          No seriously is there a sound differnce depending on where u put it ?
          the further up in the exhaust you put it, it becomes exponentially louder

Comment

I have a QTP 3" cutout , I had it before the muffler in the rear running a Summit turbo muffler 3"in/out 3" turndown. Opening the cutout at all just made the car sound horrible, I couldn't guess how bad it would sound even up towards the CAT. This is with a VS cam , RK Sport headers, 3" exhaust , no cat. I took that all off and put on a Dynomax Turbo muffler 3" in/out with 3" turn down and it sounds so much better, doesn't even need a cutout, nice deep tone at idle and through the gears and no rasping even at 5900 RPMS. I'm putting on a turbo setup so I may still use it too see how the turbo likes the cutout.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              3 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X