sensor problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sensor problems

i have a problem with my car right now, i think it might be the throttle body but im not sure. It has problems stayin running when i first crank it like if you give it gas it will sputter a lil bit, and some times it throws the reduced engine power light and sounds like its got a t rex cam in it or something but wont go no where. My cruise control also doesn't work right now. I took off the throttle body about 2 weeks ago and completely cleaned it out and cleaned the maf with maf cleaner. cleaned the screen and everything but it still does it so im baffled. I know its throwin a code for the maf but i have no idea where to get a new throttle body, any answers?
    99' firebird 3.8
    pacesetter headers, single chamber flow, no cat, spec flywheel, spec 2+ clutch, 02 ss rear end.

sigpic

Re: sensor problems

If it's throwing a code for the maf you can replace just the maf sensor IN the throttle body no need to replace the whole throttle body.

It also sounds to me from the brief description that you may have a misfire or multiple misfires above and beyond the maf issue.

What all codes is the computer tripping?

Comment

Re: sensor problems

well its tripping the knock sensor but it was unplugged from when i put in my clutch i forgot to hook it back up, the egr and the rear o2 sensor. Its not a misfire cause once it warms up i usually dont have any problems with it but every once in a while. Once it warms up it runs fine and smooth. What do you think is up with the cruise though? and it cant find idle if your cruisin down the road at about 10mph or more, it will go up to 1100 or so and fall to 600.
      99' firebird 3.8
      pacesetter headers, single chamber flow, no cat, spec flywheel, spec 2+ clutch, 02 ss rear end.

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
        Hello everyone!
        by Andy H
        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
        3 weeks ago
      • 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X