EGR gasket, where to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR gasket, where to buy?

The gasket that came with my headers, that goes in between the EGR pipe and the header, disintegrated in my hands while I was adjusting it to try and fix the exhaust leak. I can't seem to find anyone who sells is besides ordering it straight from pacesetter.

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement gasket? Hopefully of better quality that the one that came with the headers.

Re: EGR gasket, where to buy?

did you try autozone, orileys, advance auto, dealer?

I know people hate dealers, but believe it or not, a majority of the time (in my area) the dealer was actually cheaper.

you can also try gmpartsdirect.com but shipping takes forever since they are a third party sales..

if anything, you can make your own.
    Archer
    MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
    http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

I tried Autozone, they only had the gasket for the erg where it connects to the intake manifold and they didn't have the other one in the computer. Pepboys had neither. I've been meaning to check the dealers. If someone had the part number I'd order from GM parts direct, but I can find no info about this stupid gasket.

Comment

copper RTV works well.
        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

I just looked on my alldata and I have it set to my 2000.. says that there really isnt a gasket for resale, it does show the gasket that comes with the EGR itself. but yeah bud, nothing on the actual gasket that hooks up to the headers themselves.. not that I can find anyways. I'd say just spend the few bucks and make it yourself. cheaper and you know its good quality gasket material.

Archer

Comment

Originally posted by Archer View Post
            I just looked on my alldata and I have it set to my 2000.. says that there really isnt a gasket for resale, it does show the gasket that comes with the EGR itself. but yeah bud, nothing on the actual gasket that hooks up to the headers themselves.. not that I can find anyways. I'd say just spend the few bucks and make it yourself. cheaper and you know its good quality gasket material.

Archer

exactly, buy some good gasket paper, and just use copper rvt and dont worry about it.
            1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

i have a spare ls1 air system gasket that might work for you. not sure. also some people have bought and trimmed to fit a lt1 egr gasket
              1997 Camaro LS1 RS
              1994 Camaro - Sold
              1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Apparently there was never a gasket in this place on the stock manifolds. I went to a dealer and it doesn't exist in their system.

Comment

problem solved

Comment

Originally posted by Shad0wguy View Post
                    Apparently there was never a gasket in this place on the stock manifolds. I went to a dealer and it doesn't exist in their system.
                    No there never was a gasket in there on stock manifolds for some reason, I dont understand the one screw deal either cuz thats the problem, leaves the whole top wide open for leaks. But I just bought the LT-1 EGR gasket from dealer for like $4. Looks goofy but it worked. I used a lil copper RTV also.

99\' W68 Firebird<br />SLP Ram air kit,Whisper Air Lid, k&n, 8mm Taylor Wires, Bridgestone Potenzas RE950, BMR Red LCAs, Pacesetter Headers and 3\"in catalytic converter with 2.75\" Flowmaster Cat-back<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/501008\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/501008</a>

Comment

GM told me there was no EGR gasket for the LT1 either.

Doesn't matter any more, I bought some gasket material from pepboys, cut it to size, and used some copper rtv. Worked like a charm.

Comment

This thread has been very helpful. I've been having the same issue with my EGR after getting Pacesetter headers, and even a new EGR tube. Just picked up the gasket material and RTV, waiting for the engine to cool and hopefully it will solve my annoying exhaust leak.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                          Hello everyone!
                          by Andy H
                          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                          3 weeks ago
                        • 3.4 slow to go
                          hey there strangers!
                          by 3.4 slow to go
                          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X