functional nostrals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• functional nostrals

so ive read the how to on making functional nostrals (http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=63731) and im wondering if you guys think it would be enough gains to cut up my perfectly good hood. im short on cash and i have already cut the fins out of the airlid and removed the air silencer. i also have a highflow cat and magnaflow catback(xmas present, w00t :banana: :banana: :banana: ). this summer im gonna be getting some used cia headers and K&N fipk really cheap. so do you guys think it would be worth it to make my hood "functional ram air"?

Re: functional nostrals

No air at all is actually "rammed" into your lid/intake whatever... It will only give you some fresh air. No performance gains come with a functional hood.

Comment

it does work. What the gains are exactly are questionable.

Comment

Getting fresh air into your intake is always a good idea in my book. Just be careful of those really wet days. The ram air effect though.. I think you have to be going reallllly fast for there to be any difference in performance.. and then the difference that you get won't even amount to a whole lot if you could even get your car up to those speeds. That would also require other modifications to your airlid to direct more air into it I imagine. So yeah, I agree with Smoke Panther heh.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242
          Getting fresh air into your intake is always a good idea in my book. Just be careful of those really wet days. The ram air effect though.. I think you have to be going reallllly fast for there to be any difference in performance.. and then the difference that you get won't even amount to a whole lot if you could even get your car up to those speeds. That would also require other modifications to your airlid to direct more air into it I imagine. So yeah, I agree with Smoke Panther heh.
          That's what I was thinking, you'd need to fab some kind of extension that would break the envelope. Problem being, and I'm no engineer, I think at that point you'd create points of extreme stress at the base of the extension and moderate stress at the points the hood is connected, as there'd be alot of upward pressure especially as speed increases.

Probably best to think of it as an extremely expensive CAI at most...

Comment

Yeah basically if you're looking for performance gains, put your money towards something else. If you want to fab up and market a kit to rip off other kidlets that don't know any better.. I want in. Hell, let's throw in an electric super charger while we're at it!

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              4 hours ago
            • ssms5411
              Had to get another phone
              by ssms5411
              Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
              1 week ago
            • ssms5411
              Leaking front cover
              by ssms5411
              So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
              2 weeks ago
            • transamtom1
              Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
              by transamtom1
              Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X