TSP Rumbler and Emissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSP Rumbler and Emissions

Simple Question will a TSP Rumbler fail emissions in PA? If not then I guess I'll be getting one.

Re: TSP Rumbler and Emissions

Since it doesn't replace the cat im going to say no.
    1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

No, but most state laws prevent you from putting on a non-DOT approved muffler. You can also get a ticket if your exhaust is loud (no/inadequate muffler is what the ticket will say :D)

Funny enough I got the loud exhaust ticket with my old beater when the muffler fell off. Whereas the maro' has a y-pipe instead of a muffler, and no tickets.

Comment

Well then, Bring on the noise....

Comment

you should be fine, texas has some pretty rough emission laws and i havent had any trouble at all with loud cars hell i ran open headers for 2 weeks lol
          1999 White Pontiac
          A4, slp loudmouth, pacesetter headers, ws6 wheels, SLP cold air kit, wings west kit

:rock:

Comment

how would a muffler make you fail emissions?

Comment

Originally posted by tcrocker162000
              you should be fine, texas has some pretty rough emission laws and i havent had any trouble at all with loud cars hell i ran open headers for 2 weeks lol
              thats because that has nothing to do with emissions

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro
                thats because that has nothing to do with emissions
                yes it does. headers-first piece of exhaust. exhaust=emissions:slap:

Comment

Originally posted by tmon930
                  yes it does. headers-first piece of exhaust. exhaust=emissions:slap:
                  the emissions test is run from your cars OBDII port, changing the exhaust isnt going to change anything emissions related.

there is two parts of the inspection, the visual check, and the emissions, the car will pass as long as the O2 sensors are getting the correct readings, or think they are.

now if you remove the cat, but have an O2 sim, it wll fail, because there is no cat, hence you fail the visual part.

Comment

Either way, I'm pretty sure he was only talking about the volume of open headers. Not the emissions. I have a feeling I'm going to be misunderstood.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

i wasnt only talking about emissions there are sound laws as well..which goes off of the response he had before mine, no need to be rude about it
                      1999 White Pontiac
                      A4, slp loudmouth, pacesetter headers, ws6 wheels, SLP cold air kit, wings west kit

:rock:

Comment

dont know what year your car is. in PA (where i am at least...) they just check to make sure you arent throwing any codes.

i passed inspection legally with pacesetter headers, TSP rumbler, and a gutted highflow cat.
                        2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                        2006 S60- Sold
                        2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                          Hello everyone!
                          by Andy H
                          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                          2 weeks ago
                        • 3.4 slow to go
                          hey there strangers!
                          by 3.4 slow to go
                          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X