V8 exhaust on V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 exhaust on V6

I have been looking around online for a new exhaust for my V6 and I have found that it is much harder to come by V6 exhaust packages than V8. I was just wondering if it is at all possible to put a V8 exhaust on a V6. If someone could also refer me to a good site for F-body exhausts it would be helpful also. thanks

Re: V8 exhaust on V6

If your going to use headers as well, the V8 exhaust fits better than the V6. The Y pipe that comes with the headers is already 3" so the 3" V8 exhaust and a 3" converter and S pipe then makes sense. With the 3" V8 exhaust you have lots more choices then the 3 or 4 V6 cat backs.

I have the 3" Borla V8 with Pacesetters and a 3" cat on my car.
    Brian
    sigpic

Comment

the v8 exhausts are what most run theyre universal more or less for all 4th gens. you'll need a s pipe to connect it, other than that youre fine.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

I thought you had to change the hangers too? Cause if it is as simple as you all say I am gonna get the V8 magnaflow since it is cheaper than the V6. According to you guys it should just bolt right up, aside from the s-pipe.

Comment

I had to add one hanger but the Borla came with it. The hanger locations changed between 97 and 98.

Brian
          sigpic

Comment

So if I get a Magnaflow for the LT1 Camaro, spare for the s-pipe, it should just bolt right up?

Comment

My stock Z28 exhaust went up pretty easily, but it was considerably shorter. You may need an extension pipe at most, but other than that the fitment should be right on.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                2 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X