X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plz help headers focked up my car!!

k, so i finally got my headers on my 3.4

now a few observations:

1. the exhaust smells like poop cuz the paint is still burnin off the headers.
    2. the car stutters and putters now, it sounds horrible and feels like a misfire when i hit the gas it lurches and stops abruptly, is this normal?? basically my car sounds like a harley (not in a good way) it rumbles like an 8 should but my 6 should not..... i don't know what could be wrong with it. Anyone have any ideas? is something clogged? my car was sitting for more than a month could it be something else like clogged fuel injectors? plz help it is impossible to drive it right now, it is that bad!

Re: plz help headers focked up my car!!

clogged fuel filter maybe

Comment

plugs, coils, wires, icm? Could be anything
      Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

how did the car run before you put the headers on?

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

sounds like a few wires fell on your primaries and burned thru. Replace said wires and go

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
            sounds like a few wires fell on your primaries and burned thru. Replace said wires and go
            x2.....
            1997 Camaro LS1 RS
            1994 Camaro - Sold
            1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
              don't think so, i had him put new msd 8.5 wires on while he was doing the headers, so they are brand new and it doesnt sound like a misfire but it is a lot like it in an exhaust kind of way.... the car ran fine before hand, there is however one bolt missing from the egr which he is going to fix in a few days but i doubt that would be the cause of the problem, based on this information is there any new speculations?

Comment

sorry, i have no idea :(
                Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

What year? If it's later than 94 run an OBDII scanner on it and that should narrow it down to a few possible options. Sounds a lot like what my car was doing. Is it REALLY low on power? Try replacing the coils.

Comment

he may of put new wires on but he may of not routed them properly and they got burned. check the wires.
                    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                    1994 Camaro - Sold
                    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by Black98Fivespeed
                      What year? If it's later than 94 run an OBDII scanner on it and that should narrow it down to a few possible options. Sounds a lot like what my car was doing. Is it REALLY low on power? Try replacing the coils.
                      its a 93 so it wont work, plus its not throwin any codes. oh and the coils are new.... also msd's.

if it is the wires, how can you tell which cylinder is misfiring?
                      Last edited by tkoforpresident; 10-02-2007, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Look for the burnt wire, same thing happened to me.

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
                        Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
                        http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

sensor?
                          ....WHITE CAMARO CLUB....? =(

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
                            don't think so, i had him put new msd 8.5 wires on while he was doing the headers, so they are brand new and it doesnt sound like a misfire
                            Brand new or not, it's going to burn if it rests against a pipe that has 800-degree exhaust gases moving at a high velocity thru it. Pop your hood and look at your wires

Comment

Ummm.... you already solved your own problem. Let me point it out for you. YOU HAVE AN EXHAUST LEAK. Fix that. Problem solved.
                              <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X