3.4 to 3.8 intake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 to 3.8 intake?

Is there a way to get the intake from a 3.4 to be set up like the 3.8's with the wisper lid and all. I like the straight forward intake instead of the left turn one.
    James Stephens<br />Computer Network Manager<br /><br />Wings West GFX, RK Sport Spoiler, SS Custom Fiberglass Hood, Raven exhaust, Catz Headlight conversion, eibach pro kit, etc.<a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/pimpjames\" target=\"_blank\">My car and my website :)</a> MY Car Domain Site &#0124;&#0124;

I've wondered that myself... i guess its because different radiator placement? Any ideas anybody?
    ===========================<br />1995 Green Firebird 3.4L V6<br />160 degree thermostat<br />4 - American Eagle 077 Polished 17\" wheels<br />4 - Kumho 711 245/45/17 tires<br />Pioneer DEH-7300 Deck<br />Pioneer GM-X564 480 Watt 4-Channel Amplifier<br />4 - Pioneer TS-A1795 6.5\" speakers<br />2 - Pioneer TS-W3041DVC<br />12\" Dual Voice Coil Subwoofers in custom box<br />============================

Comment

I would have to say no. Though it is possible to put a aftermarket 93-97 CAI on a 98+. Stefan did it.

They changed the front ends in '98 to allow more room for the ls1's. This provided clearance for the lid style intake.

[ April 21, 2002: Message edited by: Seppo Kaitainen ]</p>
      Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
      "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
      http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

well it would be possible but totally not worth it. You could change the enire front end of the car and I'm not just taking the body panels. You would have to change the core support, possibly the K member, all the wiring, and probably more.
        John -Acrophobic V6 racing-<br />\"Yeah, its a Z28, I just removed 1/4 of the engine to save weight.\"

Comment

Damn sounds like mor than I would like to spend for an intake [img]smile.gif[/img] THanks guys,

James
          James Stephens<br />Computer Network Manager<br /><br />Wings West GFX, RK Sport Spoiler, SS Custom Fiberglass Hood, Raven exhaust, Catz Headlight conversion, eibach pro kit, etc.<a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/pimpjames\" target=\"_blank\">My car and my website :)</a> MY Car Domain Site &#0124;&#0124;

Comment

Didn't the LT1 Pontiac Ram Air setup draw from right above the radiator? That only required a different hood. i would think a similar hood could work. You may need to do some cutting to actually get cool air from in front of the radiator though, not really sure?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SixVi6-Camaro:
              well it would be possible but totally not worth it. You could change the enire front end of the car and I'm not just taking the body panels. You would have to change the core support, possibly the K member, all the wiring, and probably more.<hr></blockquote>

It isn't even close to that hard. take off the radiator cover and put the new style on the end. The only problem that you might run into is that it would hit the hood. I don't think that that will even happen. If it does then shave the radiator cover down some.
              2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Didn't the LT1 Pontiac Ram Air setup draw from right above the radiator? That only required a different hood. i would think a similar hood could work. You may need to do some cutting to actually get cool air from in front of the radiator though, not really sure? <hr></blockquote>

They have a good point here. How did the LT1 Ram Air birds work? Shouldn't the 3.4's be able to work something out from that for ram air?
                \'95 Med. Quasar Blue Camaro 3.4 A4<br />Bunch o\' mods<br /><b>10.18 @ 67.60 mph 2.22 60 ft (1/8 mile)</b> <br /><br />-1986 Camaro with a carbed 350<br /><b>8.53 @ 81.45mph 1.8 60\'</b><br />AIM CamaroL32

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  3 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X