Cutouts (particularly electric ones)... Legal or illegal? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutouts (particularly electric ones)... Legal or illegal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutouts (particularly electric ones)... Legal or illegal?

Searched, didn't find anything good.

I talked to the officer at my school today about a bunch of stuff, and when I asked him about cutouts he didn't even know what they are <_<.... I drew a little picture for him and told him mine would come after the catalytic converter but before the muffler... and if he knows if that would be illegal since it's bypassing the muffler.

He said he didn't know but he wouldn't think it would be illegal.

I've heard people talking about a few things:
    1) They get pulled over because it's too loud. Tell me about this.
    2) Bypassing the muffler IS in fact illegal... Is this true? Why?...
    3) Any cutout you can open and close in your car is illegal... Is this true?.... why?
    Black 1997 Camaro RS<br />Mods: Headlight, Fog Lamp, Blinker, and Tail Light Blackouts<br />35% Tint Window Armor (www.windowarmorusa.com)<br />Upcoming: Replace failing driver\'s window motor and Black Power Antenna<br /> <a href=\"http://members.ca

In upstate NY, my cousin ran just headers and a pair of cats on his dodge ram for over 2 years. there... as long as the cats were in place, he was legal. small town, didnt have noise ordinances so he couldnt have just been pulled over for that... but if he was out screwing around on the road and just being a nuisance and somebody called in a complaint, he could have been ticketed for like disturbing the peace or something like that. It all varies by state and by local ordinances.
    \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

Not illegal as long as they are never opened on the street ;) Just close em (get electric) as you go nearby a cop or something.
      Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

But is there REALLY a law about opening them on the street?... or is there a law about disturbing the peace?... because I certainly won't open it in residential areas... but on the highway... well that's another story [img]tongue.gif[/img] When I drive to and from home and college I want to open it while I'm cruisin' on the highway to make the gas milage a little better and maybe get a few looks [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

Besides, I read it takes approximately 4 seconds to close the cutout.... so by the time you get it closed the cop will notice...
        Black 1997 Camaro RS<br />Mods: Headlight, Fog Lamp, Blinker, and Tail Light Blackouts<br />35% Tint Window Armor (www.windowarmorusa.com)<br />Upcoming: Replace failing driver\'s window motor and Black Power Antenna<br /> <a href=\"http://members.ca

Comment

nah. Not if you do it right. Only open it on the freeway when they cant ***** and when you REALLY need the extra power/sound.. Thats all Im getting mine for.. That way when some little punk *** ricer pulls up next to me and hears the throaty flowmaster and revs me, I can flip the switch, open up the cutout, and sound twice as I was sounding ;)
          Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

my cut out is open 99.9% of the time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              2 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X