The way to make a good CAI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The way to make a good CAI

The best way that i know of to make a CAI is ebay. Go on ebay and buy the pipe that is 3inch and ment for a 99 Civc SI. When you get it you basically rip off everything before the throtal body, and then you simply point the tube down towards the ground. It take a little manuvering and stuff but it fits just right. The pipe already has a hole drilled in it so you can just put the air sensor from your stock intake right in that hole. The best way to make it fit and stay is to put electrical tape over the hole and then punch a small hole in the electrical tape and shove the sensor in. I have had it for a couple of months now and i can notice more power especially tope end, and i get better gas milage, but my favorite is the sound. From inside on a stock car you will now hear the engine much better when you floor it, and from the outside of the car you can hear the suck hardcore because of how close the filter gets to the air.
    I have a 2002 Camaro and it works perfect on my car, not saying it will work perfect on yours, it is just i see alot of threads on custom CAI's and i am just giving peopl a very cheap option.
    2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

Want to get pictures up????

-Justin
    <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

Comment

I used to have some pics of it on the website, they were the pics that everyone said looked like a limp dick. It isn't pretty but it is cheap and effective. The whole thing only has one bend. I can't find the pics on this site, so it will take me a couple of days just to take the pics and get them on my web space again.
      2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

Comment

Originally posted by Ender2664:
        everyone said looked like a limp dick.
        Ha!!!
        -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

Where does the filter effectively sit then? It seems that would be a smart idea, and that it would work pretty well for a cheaper intake system. ((Instead of the 250 or so for the whisper lid and SLP CAI, ignoring the filter.))

-Justin
          <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

Comment

The filter ends up being a little below the frount sway bar, that will give you a good idea of how low it actually goes, pluse you can weld in an extra pipe to make it reach even lower.

Comment

I have a 98 and I have angled TB u think it will fit firmly in?
              -Paul-<br /><br />03 Lancer Evolution VIII<br /><br />1998 Camaro M5 - Traded

Comment

I have never seen a pic of a 3.8L with a angled tb if you send one to my email so that i can look at it, i will be able to tell you if it will work or not. ender2664@cox.net

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  2 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  2 weeks ago
                • ssms5411
                  Had to get another phone
                  by ssms5411
                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X