Cutouts and sound deadeners... a mix of pure evil? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutouts and sound deadeners... a mix of pure evil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutouts and sound deadeners... a mix of pure evil?

I read a story about a guy who has a cutout and dynamat... his trunk got so hot from the exhaust that it melted the tar in the dynamat and screwed up his trunk horribly. While I plan on using fatmat and not dynamat (fatmat does not use tar) anyone had good/bad experiences with this?

Tell me your thoughts.
    Black 1997 Camaro RS<br />Mods: Headlight, Fog Lamp, Blinker, and Tail Light Blackouts<br />35% Tint Window Armor (www.windowarmorusa.com)<br />Upcoming: Replace failing driver\'s window motor and Black Power Antenna<br /> <a href=\"http://members.ca

depends on cut-out placement. if it's towards the back, then u'll wanna worry. if it's up by the cat, there's a heat shield in that area and u might be ok.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

Would "toward the back" be right before the axel like most people talk about? I'm still confused on what catback means and I don't know where it starts exactly.... If the place with the heat shielding you were talking about is before the catalytic converter, then I'm not going to be doing that...
      Black 1997 Camaro RS<br />Mods: Headlight, Fog Lamp, Blinker, and Tail Light Blackouts<br />35% Tint Window Armor (www.windowarmorusa.com)<br />Upcoming: Replace failing driver\'s window motor and Black Power Antenna<br /> <a href=\"http://members.ca

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
        Had to get another phone
        by ssms5411
        Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
        1 week ago
      • ssms5411
        Leaking front cover
        by ssms5411
        So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
        2 weeks ago
      • transamtom1
        Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
        by transamtom1
        Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X