high flow cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high flow cat

Hey I have a quick question. I have 97 firebird with 43,000 miles. I have a CAI and a 2.5 in flow master 80 series cat back. I was looking into getting a high flow cat. How much horsepower would I get out of it? Also can i change my cat even though i only have 43,000 miles on it?

You won't get alot out of it (maybe 3-5 hp) and it is about time for you to change it.
    <b>2000 NBM Pontiac Firebird</b><br />3800GT Performance Package<br /><br />Intake, Magnaflow Cat, Flowmaster Cat-Back

Comment

thats a long screen name, you might not see any power.
      2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

I would have to disagree with bluebird. I have about 130K on my camaro, with the same cat, and it just started to give me trouble. But as far as performance and sound goes, it is about time to change it. :D You could expect about 3-5 hp like firefighter said. Plus alot better sound...
        Jordan<br />15.09@90.7<br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=21\" target=\"_blank\"><b>1995 Camaro 3.4 M5</b></a>

Comment

Originally posted by FireFighter:
          thats a long screen name
          i wonder if he'll ever be back... how would you remember exactly how many a's to put in when you sign back in.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
          Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

its easy actually i want to change it but i cant figure out how

Comment

well thats sad in its self but as for the cat... go ahead and change it to a high flow, and you can always get it changed if you know someone with a sawzaw and a welder :D
              2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                2 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                2 weeks ago
              • ssms5411
                Had to get another phone
                by ssms5411
                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X