Exhaust with high-flow cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust with high-flow cat

I know that sometimes a high-flow cat will help the exhaust to sound deeper throughout the RPM range and sometimes it will help it sound deeper at idle but will have more rasp at higher RPM's. This usually depends on the application and the muffler on the vehicle. My question is, should I go with the high-flow or OEM replacement cat. I have not heard my Dynomax 2.5" Super Turbo cat-back yet because the shop said that my cat is crap so I should get a new one before installing the cat-back and have it done at the same time. I just wanted some opions before I made my decision. I am more concerned with sound than performance. I have a stock 3.8L. If anyone has this cat-back and can give me a comparison between the stock cat and a high-flow cat with this system on a basically stock 3.8 that would be very helpful.

Thanks
    1996 Polo Green Metallic Camaro:<br />SLP CAI, Carsound/Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat, Flowmaster 2.5\" cat-back... sounds great

the 2.5 inch exhausts tend to sound less raspy and you wont have much of a noticeable change in sound if you put the high flow in, because its the 2.5 and not the 3" cat and catback, but it is deffinately better for performace. if you have the money and are putting a cat back on anyway go for the high flow as well.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Originally posted by T-Punk:
      the 2.5 inch exhausts tend to sound less raspy and you wont have much of a noticeable change in sound if you put the high flow in, because its the 2.5 and not the 3" cat and catback, but it is deffinately better for performace. if you have the money and are putting a cat back on anyway go for the high flow as well.
      agreed!
      Jordan<br />15.09@90.7<br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=21\" target=\"_blank\"><b>1995 Camaro 3.4 M5</b></a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
        Hello everyone!
        by Andy H
        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
        3 weeks ago
      • 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X