Exhaust Jingle Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Jingle Sound

Ever since I had my car it's had this little jingle but it was rarely noticeable. I heard it a couple times and i think it even went away. I got my dynomax super turbo muffler installed a few months ago and it worked fine I had no problems. And after the first month I heard this rattling inside it. It sounded like there was a cocacola can inside it rattling around. It went away after a while and now I have this jingling sound that i'm noticing more often now. I had theory's that it could of been rust or something from the old pipe inside the muffler but I don't think it's that. Does anyone else have this problem or know of a solution I can use to fix this? It's very annoying.

Ted

Don't worry, its just Santa Claus... poor guy got stuck in the muffler when you installed it.

:D

Actually, when does the jingling occur? Is it when you let off the gas or while cruising?
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

This doesn't classify as an Advanced Tech topic, so I'm moving it to General Tech.

Topics that classify as Advanced Tech can be found in the Advanced Tech: Rules & Guidelines, FAQ & Tech Info post.
      Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

The jingle occurs only when i'm cruising.

Ted

Comment

it could be pieces of your cat perhaps or if the jingling is up closer to the engine it could be a problem with the y-pipe. If you know for sure it is in the muffler then it could be anything a rock someone put down the muffler or your cat could be falling part ?? Pieces of it coming out??

Comment

Yea i guess i'll check those things out. The cat might be a little old. I'll check the y-pipe as well. Another question. Do we still need a sensor simulator for a high-flow cat or was it just if we took the cat off altogether.

Comment

only if you take off the cat all together. If you think the sound is from up front you wont be able to visually see a problem with the y-pipe it is a double insulated pipe and ratteling sometimes occurs when one pipe seperates from the other

Comment

I had the same problem until today. I took my car the shop where i had them weld my muffler on.
                I had a small leak just about six inches behind my cat, underneath the heat shroud. Guy just took five minutes to weld it and boom no more rattle. It is worth you checking out
                231 (3.8L to those of you who don\'t like cubic inches) Silver Camaro<br />80 series flowmaster<br />k&n air filter<p>\"if it is good enough for the general, then it is good enough for me\"

Comment

That leak was caused by the "Clamp" GM used to put a few pipes together.. VERY common problem with GM since the mid-Late 80's.....

DEFINATELY worth a shot!

[img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img] &lt;--------- I HATE this Guy
                  2001 Cobalt Blue Hyundai Tiburon<br />Mods? Hehe.. Ofcourse.. ;)<br />15.810 @ 87.25 NEW TIME AGAIN!<br />TSR-0118 (www.TeamSR.org)<br />FORMER 1997 W68 Black Convertable Firebird Owner<br />14.723@95.65<p><br />V.P. of the 3:00 AM club.

Comment

Thanks guy's. I'm gonna find a nice day to put my car on the ramps and hop under it to inspect my exhaust. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

Ted

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X