Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Exhaust vs. Old Exhaust

My new exhaust:
    catco highflow cat, 3" i-pipe, flowmaster 80 series muffler, 2.25" tailipipes with SLP center quad exhaust

Old Exhaust:
    stock cat, 3" American Thunder Catback with 3" tips

*It feels like the car is little quicker with the new exhaust. I noticed a difference in sound, and I really like the rumble the new one has. My question is this - could I have lost power by changing the tailpipe size? How much does the highflow cat help?

I dont think rear end exhuast effects HP, but i know if your pipes comming from the headers to the back are too big, then ull loose low end torque

dave
    03 Subaru WRB WRX<br />Clear parking lights<br />Autometer Phantom Boost guage

Comment

I am of no help to answer your question but I wanted to see if you have some pics of the Quad exhaust. I've wanted the quad exhaust ever since I saw it on SLP. How much was the paint and install or did you do it yourself? If your lookin to sell your old cat back let me know.
      1998 Red RS 3.8l A4<br /> Whisper - K&N - N20 - 1LE Panhard - Ghetto STB - 255/50ZR16 Ecsta<br /> Removed grille - Limo tint - blackouts - A-pillar cf a/f ratio<br /> Panasonic DF88 - 1 12\" Eclipse 88120.4 - Eclipse 3322 amp<p><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/raven_rs</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
        Hello everyone!
        by Andy H
        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
        3 weeks ago
      • 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X