How you fix warped or bent flanges on RKSport Headers? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How you fix warped or bent flanges on RKSport Headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How you fix warped or bent flanges on RKSport Headers?

I was wondering how would you go about changing one flange and how much would a resonable price be to fix it? Thanks

[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: Shane ]</p>
    Past Ride
    1995 Firebird A4 3.8 Turbocharged -- 12.50 at 108
    (If you dont know me, you haven't had a V6 long enough)

Current Ride
    2006 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR

www.myspace.com/shane1015

Perhaps a new flange to be welded on. The price would probably be the new flange and the hourly charge of what the person is charging. So say like 50 dollars or so. The only problem is that the RKS header flanges are different than most and from my experience hard to come by. If you have searched for the aftermarket gaskets for them you should know what I'm talking about.

If the flange is just damaged on the surffice and not bent than maybe you could sand it then have the flanges realined. So cut one off bolt it to the other one and than weld the pipe. These seem like the logical ways to me. But I've never dealt with warped flanges so....
    1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

Felpro makes a very nice collector/flange gasket. It was just designed for a turbo of an eclipse. But its prefect for the rk sport headers.
      Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
      "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
      http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
        Hello everyone!
        by Andy H
        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
        2 weeks ago
      • 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X