80 series vs. 40 series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80 series vs. 40 series

is the flowmaster 40 series any better than the 80 series. and if so, is it worth making the swap. also, how can you tell the difference of the two by looks?
    White \'97 Firebird V6<br />t-tops<br />80 series Flowmaster Exhaust<br />SLP CAI<br />180* stat<br />tinted side and back windows<br />3\" echo pipes/chrome tips<br />headlight conversion kit<br />fog lamps<br />smoke rear and turning lamp covers

well the 40 series is a lot louder, my cousin has true duals on his 76 camaro with 2 40 series and 3inch exhaust, wow is that loud but awesome. i'm not totally what the muffler looks like.
    1996 Chevy Camaro SS<br />#67 of 2,410 made that year with the slp package<br />Street Lethal Fbody Association Member<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cars-on-line.com/97cam11475.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cars-on-line.com/97cam11475.html</a>

Comment

The 40 series sounds deeper at low RPM's, and gets kinda TOO loud and metallicy sounding at WOT. If you don't floor it a lot, it's great. Only bad thing is it's single in and out, so to get "dual" exhaust you hafta split the out pipe, unless you just want a single pipe on the rear.
      Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

you know, this is funny, i dont actually know if I have the 80 series, or the 40 series [img]tongue.gif[/img] i think it might be the 40 since mine is fricking loud as hell, and if they dont look the same ( i saw a pic of a 40 series) it looks just like the one they installed on mine...

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by seal:
          i dont actually know if I have the 80 series, or the 40 series<hr></blockquote>

If you have 2 outlets coming from the muffler, then it's 80 Series. Single outlet, then it's 40 Series.

80 Series is louder than 40.
          -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dan Clark:
            is the flowmaster 40 series any better than the 80 series. and if so, is it worth making the swap.<hr></blockquote>

If you want a Flowmaster, then I'd recommend staying with the 80 Series.
            -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

whichever flowmaster I have, i truly love it

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by seal:
                whichever flowmaster I have, i truly love it<hr></blockquote>

amen [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                White \'97 Firebird V6<br />t-tops<br />80 series Flowmaster Exhaust<br />SLP CAI<br />180* stat<br />tinted side and back windows<br />3\" echo pipes/chrome tips<br />headlight conversion kit<br />fog lamps<br />smoke rear and turning lamp covers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  3 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X