home made cold air induction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home made cold air induction

I am trying to figure out how to made a cold air induction system cheaply. I bought some 3 inch dryer tubing that is heat resistent, but i do not know where i should run it. i was thinking behind the fog lights but there isnt room to really run them out to the air box. i got two tubes and a t that will put them to one and i can run that straight to the air box. anyone with some suggestions? very much appreciated.
    joeyjk@netnitco.net

What year is your car?

If its a '98 then they got a nice place on the front grill. Each side of the grill has a big whole. behind the grill is some stiraphoam (<--sound it out) padding. Remove or cutholes in this padding then place tube behind the grill. Now run tube into the air box. You now have a cheap and effective ram air.

Comment

and for next time you might want to put this in intake/exhaust forum. This will probly get moved.

Comment

Sorry my first post on here i just saw the forced induction and thought it might be that. I have a 96 camaro.

Comment

i have a 95 4.3 any suggestions

Comment

i done that before it works pretty good if u run it right u suck a lot of air but the only thing is the tube gets a little hot but i think cause i had it up on something...anyway i ran mine right from the that black thing (forgot what its called)and stright down to the floor.. all u got to do is take off that part under the car on the driver side then run the tube down to the floor then what i did is put tube on top of that long thing thats right under the front it should stay there with no prob mine did then just put the filter on.. its really simple and money saving but make sure u put it on tight cause if u don't it will come off and thats all bad for ya.. hope that help
            1995 3.4L Camillion Firebird<p>Mods: flowmaster,Custom 3inch cutout,Moroso Air intake,2000 firebird rear lights(really makes a diff),fog lights,B&M Quick shifter,Custom Automatic short shifter handle,<p>Upcomming Mods:Pulleys,3 inch Cat,Power chip,headers,gears.. WHICH = ALOT OF MONEY....

Comment

for a 3.4L

I bought a 3in-3in. rubvber coupling from home depot, hooked it ot a 90* angle piece of 3in PVC piping, hooked to a strainght piece of 3in. PVC piping, hooked to a 3in, 45 degreee angle rubber coupling hooked to my K&N. I used heater exhasut before, but I hit a couple bumps and it fell inot my fan where I proceeded to shred it. PVC piping retains soem heat, but I figured what the hey, its still cheaper then a $220 CAI system.

Fi you can I think it might be more efficient to run the air filter to be under the metal piece, somewhere behind hte turn signal.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to get another phone
                by ssms5411
                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                1 week ago
              • ssms5411
                Leaking front cover
                by ssms5411
                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                2 weeks ago
              • transamtom1
                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                by transamtom1
                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X