HELP! SES light on after installing whisper lid! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! SES light on after installing whisper lid!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! SES light on after installing whisper lid!

i installed my whisper lid on my '98 v6 camaro 2 days ago. today i noticed that now my service engine soon light is on. i did the thing that installuniversity.com says to do if this happens (pulling the fuses), but its still on! the only other performance mods ive done is the free ram air. any suggestions?? somebody please help!!

[ February 02, 2002: Message edited by: Majestic43 ]</p>

Make sure u didn't break the IAT sensor when you pulled it out of the old hose and put it in the lid.

Get your car scanned at Autozone or something to determine what code you're getting too.

Comment

Make sure your Air Temp Sensor is plugged in and make sure you did not break it taking it out [img]smile.gif[/img] Also pull the PCM BATT fuse and PCM IGN fuse let it sit for about 10 minutes turn the key to on position turn it off re-install fuses start the car and SES light should be gone if nothing is wrong :cool:
      97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

hmm, im pretty sure i didnt break anything. ill try the fuse thing again tomorrow and let it set longer w/o them in it. ive already done that twice though.

Comment

well, i decided to go ahead and try it again. this time i left the fuses out for 15 minutes. the service engine soon light still comes on!!!!! can anyone help??!!

[ February 02, 2002: Message edited by: Majestic43 ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Majestic43:
            can anyone help??!!
            <hr></blockquote>

get code scanned. we have no way to know why it is on unless we know what trouble code is set.
            ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              3 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X