Question about Air Intake / Induction System - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Air Intake / Induction System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Air Intake / Induction System

Hi everyone! I am new here, so my apologies if I ask an old question again.

My car is a 1998 Firebird.

Does the SLP Ram-Air Induction Package & Whisper Cold-Air Induction Lid worth the money?

Any significant improvement?

Are they easy to install? (I am not a mechanic)

Where I can find the best deal? (Online)

Any other Air induction system better than those I mention?

Thanks,
    JCM

Now, you can't get the Ram Air Package unless you get a ram air hood, and thats gonna run you some money. The Cold Air Induction might be what you are talking about.

All the intake systems are pretty worthwhile mods. While they are a little expensive, the stock intake is so bad that this really is a must if you are going to start modding the car.

Realistically you'll get about 5 HP out of it, but then everything else you do will compliment it.

They are really simple to install, no need to be a mechanic.
    -Jason<br />Black 1993 Pontiac Firebird -Retired<br />Black 2002 Pontiac Trans Am -Sold-<br />Green 1996 Corvette Convertible -Sold-<p>In the market for \'67-\'73 Firebird!

Comment

I could swear that SLP's ram-air package is an underbody kit like Fast Toys. For that you do not need a different hood at all. I got the Fast Toys, and love it.
      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

i think that slps system is just cold air induction. i have fast toys ram air and could tell a big difference on the highway doing 75 or 80 and dropping it into 4th. dont have whisper yet but i've heard good things about using a lid in combination w/a ram air system....Get FastToys!!!
        =2001 Camaro 3.8 M5<br />--K&N Filter<br />--Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler<br />--FastToys RamAir<br />--B & M Ripper Shifter<br />--Whisper Lid<br />--Tint 20% Sides, 5% Rear

Comment

If you don't wanna spend much cash. do the Free Ram air from installunivierty then smooth out the top of your air box with a dremel. It makes a diffrence that you will notice. And its basicly free.
          NEW <br />Camaro 00<br />Red<br />3.8 NO MODS YET <p>gone!<br />Camaro 01 <br />Black<br />a4 3.42 <br />Flowmaster TYPE 40<br />Free Ram Air<br />Modfied Lid

Comment

If anybody is a litle creative, check out the new ram air idea (like 3 topics below). Seems like such a simple thing than paying at least $1000 for a ram air hood mod.

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
            Zaino; FireBatCave Decals; Red Inside<br /><br />K&N Filter & Lid; Removed MAF screen; FRA; Raised Air Box; 180°F Stat; BMR STB; 3\" Catco & S-pipe; Borla Cat-Back; O2 Sim; HPPIII; NGK TR55s; Taylor 8mm wires<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/cbass300\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/cbass300</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              3 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X