This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle trouble

Since I have had my Firebird I have a throttle problem on it. The dealer is trying 2 find it they have tried pullin codes 2 no avail. What it does is a lot of times when I go 2 coast it just cuts out almost like a misfire and will just throw you forward. Anyone have any ideas???
    2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

TTT
    2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

Like what gear? and what speed? Mine does that when the gear is too tall for the speed. Or is it the other way around.

Comment

could be that the IAC is closing too rapidly after you let your foot off of accelerator. may also be a problem with accelerator pedal position sensors or throttle position sensors and servos, since your 02 model is drive-by-wire throttle.

if its in warranty, let dealer handle it. they can do more diagnosis with the tech2 than you'd be able to with any generic scan tool.
        ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by strange_trp:
          could be that the IAC is closing too rapidly after you let your foot off of accelerator. may also be a problem with accelerator pedal position sensors or throttle position sensors and servos, since your 02 model is drive-by-wire throttle.

if its in warranty, let dealer handle it. they can do more diagnosis with the tech2 than you'd be able to with any generic scan tool.
          <hr></blockquote>

Deal is working on the problem they don't know what is causing it. Has been a hectic week in this town because of Pancake Day. So there gonna take a look @ it hopefully tomorrow and tear into it and see what they can find.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bene:
          Like what gear? and what speed? Mine does that when the gear is too tall for the speed. Or is it the other way around. <hr></blockquote>

It does it in all gears when it is time 2 shift gears but not all the time.

Comment

I see you have 2 of the same thread going.....

Please only post one thread on the subject next time. [img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img]
            2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              2 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X