need help ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help ASAP

Hey guys I really messed up. I istalled a 3in intake on my v6 bird. Unfortunatly I am a real idiot and I forgot to put back the mass air flow sensor. SO after about a week the service engine soon light came on. I looked underneath my hood and saw how stupid I am. Now I don't know what to do should I bring it into my dealer or can I reset it somehow. I am afraid some dirt got sucked in or something. [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SilvaFiyaNawlinsReppa:
    Hey guys I really messed up. I istalled a 3in intake on my v6 bird. Unfortunatly I am a real idiot and I forgot to put back the mass air flow sensor. SO after about a week the service engine soon light came on. I looked underneath my hood and saw how stupid I am. Now I don't know what to do should I bring it into my dealer or can I reset it somehow. I am afraid some dirt got sucked in or something. [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

just put it back on and pull ecm fuses to clear code. the MAF is the thing that you generally worry about getting contaminated with dirt. as long as your air filter is in good shape and is on the vehicle you should be fine. i bet it runs like $shiznit without the MAF though.
    ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

Are you sure it wasn't the IAT sensor that you forgot to plug back in? I just don't see why you would have pulled off the MAF to put on an intake. I did the same, just get the computer cleared and plug it back in. No worries. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Scott

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
        Hello everyone!
        by Andy H
        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
        3 weeks ago
      • 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X