3" Cat requirements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3" Cat requirements?

If I replace my cat and I pipe with a 3" Catco and 3" piping, will I need O2 sims or will my O2 sensors work fine on that cat? Should I opt for a 2.5" cat instead if I swap cats?
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Sometimes it will be just fine, and sometimes you get the dreaded SES light. I have heard some people get a high flow cat and never have any problems
    97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

I've had my Catco 3" for a couple months now without O2 sims and haven't had any problems.

[ February 14, 2002: Message edited by: Silver2000V6 ]</p>
      Bruce<br />2000 Silver 3.8L V6 Camaro M5<br />183.1 rwhp / 220.5 rwtq

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Silver2000V6:
        I've had my Catco 3" for a couple months now without O2 sims and haven't had any problems.

[ February 14, 2002: Message edited by: Silver2000V6 ]
        <hr></blockquote>

ditto

Comment

Thats good to hear, thanks guys!
          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
          Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

same with me. going on to about 3 months with the hi-flow, and i don't have an ses light. still using the same 02 that came with the car.
            \'96 <b>Quasar Blue</b> Firebird A4<br /><a href=\"http://jamiethekiller@comcast.net\" target=\"_blank\"><i>jamiethekiller@comcast.net</i></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.woodlandrock.com\" target=\"_blank\">my band: woodland</a>

Comment

When i ran a 3" magnaflow cat, never had any problems. Then 2 mths after i switched to 2.5" catco the ses light has been comming off & on ever since. Obviously the smaller size is triggering the ses.
              2002 Electron Blue Corvette<br />1999 Black Mazda Truck<p>AKA: Night Rider

Comment

any improvements with the 3inch cat
                97 CAMARO RS<br />12.9@103mph<br />best 60ft..1.9 ( on street tires)<br /> 1.7 (on gas)<br />turbo supra 12.5@119mph (street tires)<br />new times to come sporting the sp63gt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  7 hours ago
                • ssms5411
                  Had to get another phone
                  by ssms5411
                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                  1 week ago
                • ssms5411
                  Leaking front cover
                  by ssms5411
                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                  2 weeks ago
                • transamtom1
                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                  by transamtom1
                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X