Collector gasket info needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collector gasket info needed please

I have the RKSport headers on my car and the drivers side collector gasket flange leaks, im thinking due to a bent flange so I was wondering if they made a THICK collecter gasket with the 2 bolt pattern??? I would double the gasket and it would be fine for like a day and then burns the stuff over the metal part and there will be just metal showing where its leakin out. So i need a double thick gasket if they make such a thing. Thanks
    Past Ride
    1995 Firebird A4 3.8 Turbocharged -- 12.50 at 108
    (If you dont know me, you haven't had a V6 long enough)

Current Ride
    2006 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR

www.myspace.com/shane1015

ive heard get it welded. no more leaking problems. besides ive heard those flanges suck.
    For Sale<p>Mods so Far:<br />Tb Coolant Bypass, NGK Vpower Plugs, Accel 8mm Wires, Gutted Cat, TransAm Muffler, K&N FIPK, Crower Baja Cam, Comp Cams Magnum Rocker Arms 1.52 Ratio, Ported Throttlebody, Ported Intake Manifold, 3.73s and Auburn LSD, Yellow Underbody Neons, Milled Heads, Pacesetter Headers, TransGo Shift Kit, 1 Piece DS, Accel Coils, Rk Sport Air Temperature Module<p>Soon Mods:<br />Nos 5175, Rims, Stage 2 Jet Chip, Jet Underdrive Pullys, Strut Tower Brace, Subframe Connectors, Speed Calibrator, Lowering Springs

Comment

Yea but if u weld it u cant change the header gasket without cutting the weld where u welded the collector gasket flange. Thats what ive heard
      Past Ride
      1995 Firebird A4 3.8 Turbocharged -- 12.50 at 108
      (If you dont know me, you haven't had a V6 long enough)

Current Ride
      2006 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR

www.myspace.com/shane1015

Comment

Definetly don't weld it. You'll have to cut and weld that part every time you take the headers off. If you ever plan to take the heads off you have to take the headers off too. Your answer isn't in getting a thicker gasket. Your answer is 1 of 2 things. You can either get some 3/8 inch flanges and cut the old ones off and put the thicker ones on, they won't bend. You can also do a slip fit on the headers which is a little questionable in my eye but it eliminates gaskets, at least on the drivers side.
        1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

The answer isn't in the gaskets, because the problem is the shoddy design RKSport used on the flanges.

Go to any COMPETENT shop, and have them cut off the 2-bolt flanges. Then have them weld up some standard 3-bolt flanges. These will accept a regular HEADER gasket. Problem solved.
          -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to get another phone
            by ssms5411
            Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
            1 week ago
          • ssms5411
            Leaking front cover
            by ssms5411
            So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
            2 weeks ago
          • transamtom1
            Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
            by transamtom1
            Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X