CAT -or- CAI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAT -or- CAI

For my next mod, I'm thinking about getting the SLP CAI (A friend bought my FIPK off me for some good $ and I'm gunna try the SLP). Another option is a high flow cat. With which one of these would I see more of a difference in power? Any recomendations? Also... which one would make my car sound better? I love how the exaust sounds now, and If it were to sound even better that would be awesome.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

If you have a 3-inch intermediate pipe or are planning to get a ram air hood someday, get the high-flow cat. If you aren't willing to get a bigger I-pipe yet and won't run ram-air, get the cold air intake.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

YOUR EXHAUST DOESN'T MATTER UNTIL YOU GET THE AIR INTO THE MOTOR FIRST. Sure you might set yourself up later, but it wont do much for you now! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
      231 (3.8L to those of you who don\'t like cubic inches) Silver Camaro<br />80 series flowmaster<br />k&n air filter<p>\"if it is good enough for the general, then it is good enough for me\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SeanC97:
        YOUR EXHAUST DOESN'T MATTER UNTIL YOU GET THE AIR INTO THE MOTOR FIRST. Sure you might set yourself up later, but it wont do much for you now! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

You don't think that the stock exhaust is restrictive?
        <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AMinor65:
          You don't think that the stock exhaust is restrictive?<hr></blockquote>

I'm thinking that's what he meant.
          -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

Get the SLP CAI first.
            -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

i agree, get the slp cai, and by the way, where do u plan on purchasing it. i've heard people say they have seen it for $199, but i can only find it for $220.
              White \'97 Firebird V6<br />t-tops<br />80 series Flowmaster Exhaust<br />SLP CAI<br />180* stat<br />tinted side and back windows<br />3\" echo pipes/chrome tips<br />headlight conversion kit<br />fog lamps<br />smoke rear and turning lamp covers

Comment

thunderracing- 200 buckaroos [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Had to get another phone
                  by ssms5411
                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                  1 week ago
                • ssms5411
                  Leaking front cover
                  by ssms5411
                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                  2 weeks ago
                • transamtom1
                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                  by transamtom1
                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X