SLP Ram Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP Ram Air

Does anyone have the $130 SLP Ram Air System? I have been considering buying it to further improve my free ram air I now have...

Opinions?
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

I have it.
    Installed in 2 hours. (probably do it in 1.5 now that I did it).
    I like it. Big difference in power at higher speeds.
    \'02 3.8L, Pewter Metallic Camaro<br /> - Y87 Performance Package<br /> - T-Tops<br /> - Monsoon Audio<br /> * SLP CAI<br /> * Whisper Lid<br /> * K&N Filter

Comment

Not as big of a difference that the Whisper Lid made (that was one of the best mods I've done to date), however I feel that in higher speeds it helped a bit. If you're saving up for something bigger tho, like headers... this mod can wait.
      2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

Yeah Cale.. Headers first, right? And only CIA headers, correct?? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Uhh.. I did the whisper lid and the K&N filter at the same time as the Ram Air.. So, I guess me judging the Ram Air alone would be skewed..
        \'02 3.8L, Pewter Metallic Camaro<br /> - Y87 Performance Package<br /> - T-Tops<br /> - Monsoon Audio<br /> * SLP CAI<br /> * Whisper Lid<br /> * K&N Filter

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sanguinary:
          Yeah Cale.. Headers first, right? And only CIA headers, correct?? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Uhh.. I did the whisper lid and the K&N filter at the same time as the Ram Air.. So, I guess me judging the Ram Air alone would be skewed..
          <hr></blockquote>

Straight to your grandma CIA! And Preferrably within our group purchase... Make the check out to Clear Image Automotive please :D

Hmm, it sounds like we pretty much have the exact same car there Sang, got any pictures?

Me:
          2002 Silver (light pewter) Metallic Camaro
          5 Spd w/ B&M Ripper Shifter (get it!)
          SLP CAI, K&N Filter, Whisper Lid
          3" Dual Exhaust off of an 2000 Camaro SS
          2000 Camaro SS 17" Wheels w/ 275/45 Goodyear F1 Rubber

I did the Whisper Lid, then K&N and finally SLP CAI. The CAI impressed me the least but I think it pepped it up at higher speeds.
          Translation to TheCardinal - join our GP on CIA Headers [img]smile.gif[/img]
          2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

Cale -

Yeah, same car.. Mines auto though, couldn't for the life of me find a manual around here.
            Heres a picture of it:
            http://web.njit.edu/~cdl2/paul.html

If I don't get headers/exhaust soon, I'm going to start working on the suspension.

Comment

Cardinal - Sorry for mutilating your post into a convo b/w me and Sang here.

Anyhow, I almost forgot Sang - I have just added 3:42 and LSD as well... so yet another match up. And im sorry about the auto, but they have proven to perform just as well (better = Magnus)... however nothing like the feel of the stick [img]smile.gif[/img]

I have hotchkis subframe connectors and 1LE swaybars on order actually. I'll be posting on those I'm sure when they get here.

Thanks for the pic of the car. Mine is actually a coupe...

Anyway, lets hope we can get this header deal going.

Cardinal? Want some head? Join our GP.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to get another phone
                by ssms5411
                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                1 week ago
              • ssms5411
                Leaking front cover
                by ssms5411
                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                2 weeks ago
              • transamtom1
                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                by transamtom1
                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X