No announcement yet.

dynomax sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry i am new, how do i record an exhaust and post it on a website. What software do i need and how should i do it. Thanks for the info

I am also deciding on which exhaust to get, dynomax , flowmaster, or borla. I want to be at least as loud as my friend's Honda, if not louder.

some sound clips of each, good soundclips would be helpful, since most people in this area got all imports or V8's barely any hooked up v6's

[ February 19, 2002: Message edited by: NSolano ]</p>
    2005 Chevrolet Corvette C6 <br />M6, Magnaflow\'s 14336<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/v6purplebird\" target=\"_blank\">C6 Pics</a><br /><br />Old car:<br />1996 Firebird A4<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Magnaflow Catback Exhaust<br />Magnaflow Catalytic Converter<br /><br />George Mason University<br />CEIE Major<br />Pi Kappa Alpha<br /><br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/nsolano\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird Pics </a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by massivefirebird:
      EyeOutThere

Did you record the idle one from in the car, or outside?
      <hr></blockquote>

Outside. I put the microphone out the window of my house. Then I normalized the wav with Audio Catalyst.

I will get some clips through the rev range, but it could get embarrassing [img]smile.gif[/img] .
      I try to keep my revs under 3k when I am driving around town for that very reason.

I don’t rev it without load either. But I will get some clips of hard acceleration.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>
      …ps- my clip were taken 7 ft away.
      <hr></blockquote>

Yea, yours sounded good, but the mic. gain may have been up to high bicause it sounded like you had 'clipping'.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>

WHats the whle setup you have on your 3.4 FLowmaster? Would it sound better on a 3.8 automatic?
      <hr></blockquote>

My car is an auto, I think the exhaust sounds better on an auto because you don’t get that sharp drop in RPM’s when you change gears. The ricy sound caused by that sharp drop in RPM’s is the most common complaint I hear about Flowmasters.

I have been told that Flowmasters sound better on a 3.4L than 3.8L. But I have never heard one on a 3.8L so I don’t know.

[ February 19, 2002: Message edited by: EyeOutThere ]</p>
      <b>LS1 RX7! </b> &#0124;&#0124; <a href=\"http://www.no-bling.com/image_galleries/index.php?action=viewgallery&gallery=galleries/eyeoutthere_LS1_FC\" target=\"_blank\">Full Gallery</a> <br /><br />LT1 Header Informtion/survey

Comment

I heard one on 3.4 a few weeks ago and was deeper than the one I had for some reason. That's weird.
        <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          9 hours ago
        • ssms5411
          Had to get another phone
          by ssms5411
          Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
          1 week ago
        • ssms5411
          Leaking front cover
          by ssms5411
          So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
          2 weeks ago
        • transamtom1
          Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
          by transamtom1
          Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X