ATTN: Everyone with 02 sim problems! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATTN: Everyone with 02 sim problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this stuff is crazy.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
      this stuff is crazy.
      [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] yeah.. i dunno.. i am getting hp tuners asap so i dont need to deal with this crap except come emmissions time..

Comment

you have emissions?? if you want, i'll sell you my cat thats still good and the sensor for around 20 plus shipping. just clamp it on and plug it in come emissions day

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
          you have emissions?? if you want, i'll sell you my cat thats still good and the sensor for around 20 plus shipping. just clamp it on and plug it in come emissions day
          ohh, thats ok.. thanks for the offer though.. it will pass i am not that worried..

Comment

whats a sim?

Comment

a sim is a O2 simulator. we are talking about the O2 sensor after the cat. everyone that has a high flow cat. or straight pipe instead, have to have something in place of the sensor to prevent throwing an SES code.

Comment

does an ses light mean your car is a tad bit slower or what? what consequence is from the light?
                ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

the light doesnt mean your car is slower. the light means you computer is reading something wrong with your cat. when you have a high flow cat and the sensor hooked up, its reads too much of whatever the cat is suppose to filter out. or when you dont have the sensor hooked up. its to tell you that your sensor is bad. the simulator is suppose to tell your computer your cat is filtering great. when you have a light. im not sure but i dont think it will effect anything. if it does, the engine might be, i dont know, altering you fuel to fix the problem so less performance. i hope i explained this correctly. im not really sure what the problem was with the 2000+ simulators. wasnt working but its fixed now.

Comment

also, no ses light on my end yet

Comment

where can i get the new sim that is supposed to be working? and another question, is there any way to tell which sensor of mine isnt reading right? my ses came on when i put on pacesetter headers. if that helps.
                      1997 Camaro RS<br /><br />3\" Flowmaster Exhaust,Pacesetter headers,Catco Cat,Cold Air Intake,Clear bumper lights altezzas,chrome rear bumper letters,chrome badges, headlight conversion kit(soon to come),2 12 MTX Thunder 8000, MTX 6500d amp, Fosgate 1 farad cap

Comment

The sim problem was really only for 00+ model years...all the other years haven't really had the problem. I got mine from zzperformance on sale for about $35 shipped and haven't had a single problem. Did you replace the cat when you did the headers? Scanning the code is really the only way to go at this point. Don't take it to the dealer though...most auto parts stores will scan it for free (I know Autozone does)....just tell them you need your OBDII scanned.
                        <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

ordered 1 yesterday from casper
                          2000 FIREBIRD NBM<br />Thanks to:<br />TSP, ZZP, TCI, Comp Cam, Whisper, GM, Lakewood, TrafficJamz Car Audio,HP Tuner, Alterstart, texas drivetrain and performance, BMR<br /><br />1990 BLUE CAMARO RS<br />1980 z28 <br /><br />venom-vi vice president

Comment

i was wondering i just added headers and a 3" cat system on my car and my car now shudders real bad in the lower gear when i press my gas down to pick up speed and it almost sounds like its going to die when im idleing i think its my O2 sensors messing with my computer what chip would someone recommend for something like this or if not a chip then what?
                            Erik Fortson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                              Had to get another phone
                              by ssms5411
                              Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                              1 week ago
                            • ssms5411
                              Leaking front cover
                              by ssms5411
                              So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                              2 weeks ago
                            • transamtom1
                              Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                              by transamtom1
                              Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X