Installation of Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation of Headers

Who has installed? How were they installed - bottom or top? What issues doing the install?
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

I installed my RK sports back in the day, also some Pacesetters, easier to go underneath, it’s tight to get the header bolts off and on. I’m big though so my hands have a hard time fitting into spaces. After everything is bolted up I would ditch the flanges that come on the kit and go to a exhaust shop and have V bands put in on the headers and where it connects to the Y pipe. Might want to get the V bands ahead of time, they might not carry them. So you’ll need 2 2.5” vbands and 1 3” vband.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Also Robert, I’d get new header bolts, I like stock, ZZP sells them, work great.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Mine are OBX with ball flanges.

I do have new GM bolts.

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
          Mine are OBX with ball flanges.

I do have new GM bolts.
          Yeah I would ditch the ball flanges and do Vbands.

Comment

What do you think of these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28415344355...AAAOSwpYJgBvuE

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
              Felpro gaskets are good, I spray them with copper spray work great. I was pissed they went from metal to paper, but still work great.
              Last edited by ssms5411; 06-11-2022, 03:08 PM.

Comment

So Steve - what do you think are the best gaskets?

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
                  So Steve - what do you think are the best gaskets?
                  I still like the Felpro’s, just spray them with copper spray, used them on my turbo headers, so far they’ve held up.

Comment

Originally swapped to headers when I dropped the engine. Did pull each side chasing leaks, did it mostly from the bottom. Good ratchets and racheting box wrenches help. Mine are the coated pacesetters, happy with them.
                    Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
                    Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                      Had to get another phone
                      by ssms5411
                      Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                      1 week ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Leaking front cover
                      by ssms5411
                      So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • transamtom1
                      Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                      by transamtom1
                      Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X