Best 3.8 exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 3.8 exhaust

I’ve had about almost 10 different mufflers in almost 27 years and I can finally say that headers to 3” pipping and Dynomax 3” turbo muffler with 3” tip , 3” exhaust cutout where the CAT is , sounds the best. Have the cutout about a 1/4” open. Even better is having a cam and run a turbo and have the cutout half open. I first did RK Sports stock diameter muffler and tips , they were dual chrome tips, it was a Dynomax max muffler, not too bad for stock but was kind of ricey. After that went to Flowmaster 80 series with dual tips. Then went with RK Sport headers and 3” exhaust and flowmaster 40 series. Hollowed CAT when I installed RK Sports Powerdyne supercharger. Tried some other mufflers don’t remember, probably listed on this site somewhere. The Dynomax turbo muffler is by itself is a little louder than stock but no rasp. Sounds decent in my opinion, the cutout adds a nice tone. Sounds great all the way open at idle, but not so good at WOT. That’s my opinion on exhausts .
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Agreed. I liked my Magnaflow / cutout combo I had. I really like my Corsa on my LS1. I don’t know if the Corsa can be used on the V6 but I imagine it could especially if taking it to an exhaust shop

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Reason I like the Dynomax turbo muffler it’s 3”in /out and just a tad louder over stock so when cruising, no drown. Then if you are in the city you can open the cutout if you want. My whole interior is covered in Dead mat so it’s quiet with the windows up.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I have borla on the 4th gen and flowmaster 80 series on the 3rd gen. Sound wise the flowmaster sounds better, but performance wise, Borla really delivers.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
          I have borla on the 4th gen and flowmaster 80 series on the 3rd gen. Sound wise the flowmaster sounds better, but performance wise, Borla really delivers.

Never heard a Borla on a 3.8 F-body before, I know their pretty expensive though.

Comment

Pacesetter coated headers here, typical high flow cat, stock LS1 pipe to muffler, dynomax ultraflo SS muffler. With the Abbott Road Racing heads and cam, I've been told it's typical muscle car down low, then starts sounding like a Porsche boxer engine at high revs. I'm good with that.
            Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
            Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

I had RK sport headers coated they lasted along time. Then had to replace them with Pacesetters because I hacked them up because of the ARP head studs. I love the Dynomax mufflers, mine is the turbo series.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                3 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X