Catalytic converter support bracket. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catalytic converter support bracket.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalytic converter support bracket.

Anyone happen to know the part # or have the metal support bracket that the catalytic converter uses? Has two bolts and a flat piece of metal that runs through a rubber bushing?. I got one from the junkyard but I'm guessing it must be year specific cause the one I got says v6, but does not line up properly.

Mine a 2000 Camaro.
    1990 Firebird 3.1 T-Tops<br />Flowmaster exhaust<br />Kenwood MP 825 Deck<br />4\" Rockfords w/ tweet in dash plate<br />3 Way 6x9 Rockords in rear sails<br />1970 Camaro 350

I am not sure what you are looking for? If it is a metal hanger can you exhaust guy not just weld in a new piece of steel that runs to the bushing?

If it is the bushing, are you looking for this? https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...7hzvB5WQ%3D%3D

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Yeah a exhaust shop should be able to make another hanger if that’s what you need.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin3o4 View Post
        Anyone happen to know the part # or have the metal support bracket that the catalytic converter uses? Has two bolts and a flat piece of metal that runs through a rubber bushing?. I got one from the junkyard but I'm guessing it must be year specific cause the one I got says v6, but does not line up properly.

Mine a 2000 Camaro.

96-02 GM p/n 10289505 - this is the part that bolts to the cat - what year car did you get it off of - a 93-95 3.4 is p/n 10267393
        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I think I may have found the right one off another Camaro, I just need to go see if it lines up right, but for those who didn't know what I was talking about, it was this bracket.

Click image for larger version  Name:	cathanger.jpg Size:	38.9 KB ID:	1576005
          Last edited by Javelin3o4; 03-30-2020, 08:42 PM.
          1990 Firebird 3.1 T-Tops<br />Flowmaster exhaust<br />Kenwood MP 825 Deck<br />4\" Rockfords w/ tweet in dash plate<br />3 Way 6x9 Rockords in rear sails<br />1970 Camaro 350

Comment

Ahh gotchya- I still think your exhaust guy should be able to fabricate a work around for that piece fairly easily vs spending a ton of money. But glad you found the part!

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X