QTP 3" electric cutout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QTP 3" electric cutout

Just bought the cutout, hope to get it installed in November, I'll probably run the wiring before then and mount the switch. Anyone else running a QTP cutout? Only decent one I could find, they have cheap ones on ebay and Amazon but I wanted one thats going to last.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Good idea having that since you're going turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
      Good idea having that since you're going turbo.
      Yes, going to take my 1 resonator out and put the cutout there basically where the cat used to be.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I have heard good things about the QTP cut outs. I have thought about running one myself. On my old v6 I just used to leave my manual one open all the time

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
          I have heard good things about the QTP cut outs. I have thought about running one myself. On my old v6 I just used to leave my manual one open all the time
          Thats good to hear, since I spent $266 on it. Comes with a 3" turn down another reason I bought it.

Comment

Got it today looks good. Wiring pretty simple. Probably install the wiring next week. Got too much going on this week.

Comment

Finally got this wired up, going to the exhaust shop to have it installed in the exhaust this month.

Comment

You’re going to love it!

Comment

Yeah been awhile since I’ve had one, got some work done on the truck, and asked them if they could do my cutout and they said they could. Big plus for me don’t have to drive 90 miles one way, now it’s only 15 miles. Probably do it next week.

Comment

Looks like Monday the 24th is when they can get it in. Will post some pics, maybe I’ll figure out how to post video clips by then.lol

Comment

Post it on YouTube then link it here!

Comment

Yeah I’ll try it.

Comment

Just got back from getting it done, sounds awesome at idle, didn’t open it on the highway. Here’s some pics, will try and get a sound clip. Just noticed didn’t get a finished pic it’s like the 2nd pic with the turn down. He had to take the cutout and flange off to weld the top of the exhaust.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by ssms5411; 02-24-2020, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Oh here’s a pic of the resonator they took off. Worked pretty well.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Posting the sound clip on behalf of Steve:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                5 hours ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X