No announcement yet.

aussie intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a pain. I never dealt with that company and now with the lock downs going into effect that could turn into a real pain..

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

finally got a reply, they say they're gonna have the cam to me by the end of the month, hopefully they'll be true to their word. still probably gonna slow things down a bit, with all this virus craziness going on I gotta pinch every penny with a family to support.

Comment

Good to hear, hope you get it.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Finally got the cam today, yay !!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice!
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

now to order some intense stage 2 heads, along with all the valve train goodies

Comment

had a couple of ls1 guys telling me today that v6 cars are total shit and a waste of time and money... I was like okay, but don't cry when my worked v6 car blows the doors off your stock v8 car...lol

Comment

That's awesome. Post your built. I would follow it.

Comment

It will be faster but N/A I don’t think it will be as fast as a LS1. Even with my Powerdyne supercharger at 8-10 psi , LS1s would pass me by 3rd gear.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                      It will be faster but N/A I don’t think it will be as fast as a LS1. Even with my Powerdyne supercharger at 8-10 psi , LS1s would pass me by 3rd gear.
                      oh I know I probly wont beat an ls in the quarter, but off the line maybe. and that's good enough for bragging rights. lol

Comment

In the 1/4 mile you’ll take out a stock LS. My bolt on LS runs 12.7. When I was stock I was running 13.5-13.7 and my v6 would crush my LS1.

A lot of guys love to talk that don’t actually know much about well put together cars and builds. Just do all the little things you are supposed to and tune it right and you’ll put down good times.

I know my V6 was a 12 second car as it was lean as hell when it ran 13.3 and I ran out of injector. Since it never actually ran that I can’t claim it, but compared to my LS she was still faster hands down.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                          In the 1/4 mile you’ll take out a stock LS. My bolt on LS runs 12.7. When I was stock I was running 13.5-13.7 and my v6 would crush my LS1.

A lot of guys love to talk that don’t actually know much about well put together cars and builds. Just do all the little things you are supposed to and tune it right and you’ll put down good times.

I know my V6 was a 12 second car as it was lean as hell when it ran 13.3 and I ran out of injector. Since it never actually ran that I can’t claim it, but compared to my LS she was still faster hands down.
                          yup, usually people who talk shit don't have a clue how to build a car/engine, and those who actually know their stuff don't talk shit when they see others making mods that are real improvements to their ride

Comment

Did some more porting , took out all the casting lines in the runners and also matched the plenum to the lower half. Also decided to save some money and work my own heads. Had a local shop hot tank, blast, and do a bowl cut. After porting myself, I'll have them do a valve job. The bottom 2 pics are the first intake valve port and bowl I started in the head, took out a shit ton of material
                            Attached Files

Comment

Looks good, are you doing stock valves or going bigger?

Comment

I'm gonna stick with the stock size valves. I read an article from abbot racing heads before they closed shop that even though heads with oversize valves flow better on a flow bench, the stock size vales actually perform better in an n/a application. Air velocity beats air flow when your not fi.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                  Had to get another phone
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                  1 week ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Leaking front cover
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • transamtom1
                                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                  by transamtom1
                                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X