No announcement yet.

aussie intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a little more porting and polishing. Did the intake elbow and also the tb. For comparison I took a pic of the tb stock, big difference in restriction now. I made sure to mark where the throttle plate made contact as to not remove any material at that point, that would make the car not idle right and probly throw some weird throttle actuator codes . I also didnt remove anything after the plate, didnt think it was necessary there. More to come...
    Attached Files

Comment

Looking good!

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Mirror polished the lid tonight... oohh shiney...
        Attached Files

Comment

That looks awesome.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

So i decided to do a brushed finish on the lower plenum,lim, fuel rail, waterneck, throttle body and inlet elbow. Then i started polishing the valve covers, big difference betwen the polished one and the original factory paint.
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice, should look outstanding when all put together.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Just a little update on the project, ordered my cam today. Decided to go with a custom grind from milzy motorsports. 220/230 @.05 duration, .526/.530 lift with 1.6 rockers, 110 lsa on a 106 center line... according to mike at milzy, and Jonathon at comp cams, this cam with my ported heads, manifold and headers should give me about 100 horse over stock and about 40-50% more torque ... we'll see, I sure as **** hope so...

Comment

Sounds good, I could see around 240 wrhp with a big cam and heads and intakes. Good luck.

Comment

Not bad. Seems like a pretty decent size so will be interesting to see how she puts out!

When does that go in?

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                      Not bad. Seems like a pretty decent size so will be interesting to see how she puts out!

When does that go in?
                      well, cams being made, so probly 2 weeks on that. still gotta pull the heads, clean and port them, then send them to the local head shop for a 3 angle valve job and valve guide milling. plus I gotta buy all the other valve train stuff . im in no rush, gonna take my time and make sure everything is done right.

Comment

So I wound up cutting the underside of the cowl to get some extra clearance for the manifold. It did fit before, but just barely. There was probably 1/16" between the underside of the cowl and the top of the plenum, and that was without the gaskets. Cutting the cowl gives almost an inch between the top of the manifold and the windshield wiper arm located above. I also removed the heads, the tops of the pistons are a bit dirty, but normal. The cylinder walls look good, no ridge at the top at all.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks good! you might want to clean up those cut edges so that you don't get rust or a nasty cut if you slide your hand back there when doing work...maybe even line it with a rubber strip like a weather stripping of some sort

Comment

Nice ,x2 on the rubber stripping.

Comment

ran into a bump in the build. Its been 6 weeks since I ordered my cam, finally heard from milzymotorsports and apparently they forgot about my order...they never forgot about taking my money though. anyway I told em if they don't have it to me in two more weeks to refund my money and ill get a cam elsewhere... haven't gotten a reply yet, so we'll see

Comment

Originally posted by mdiesel View Post
                                ran into a bump in the build. Its been 6 weeks since I ordered my cam, finally heard from milzymotorsports and apparently they forgot about my order...they never forgot about taking my money though. anyway I told em if they don't have it to me in two more weeks to refund my money and ill get a cam elsewhere... haven't gotten a reply yet, so we'll see
                                That sucks , ZZPERFORMANCE does special order cams or they use to, they use Comp Cams. Good luck.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X