No announcement yet.

aussie intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great! When are you planning to install it? And, how much are you able to safely port that lower out?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

the install's gonna be a ways off. Im planning on pulling the engine and tranny for a full rebuild with flat top pistons, cam and intense heads. Getting the time for this between work and taking care of my kid is sketchy at best. As far as porting goes, im gonna gasket match the ports at the head surface. the runners and plenum im just going to mirror polish the inside. I want air velocity more than air flow for this build, so I don't want to open up the runners too much, just make then smooth as glass so theres no restriction in the air path.

Comment

So I removed the stock manifold to fit the aussie one. As you can see from the pics the manifold fits in the car without any modification. The problem is the huge dbw f-body throttle body. In any position it hits the underside of the cowl and is about an inch too low for the throttle bore to line up with the plenum inlet. So doesn't look like I can avoid cutting the cowl.
        Attached Files

Comment

Well that sucks, but it does look pretty cool in there. How much of the cowl needs to go so you can fit the TB?
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by mdiesel View Post
            So I removed the stock manifold to fit the aussie one. As you can see from the pics the manifold fits in the car without any modification. The problem is the huge dbw f-body throttle body. In any position it hits the underside of the cowl and is about an inch too low for the throttle bore to line up with the plenum inlet. So doesn't look like I can avoid cutting the cowl.
            Nice! We had another member that ran into some similar troubles as well here: Camaro Holden Intake build

I believe he talked about lowering the motor a little bit with a spacer somewhere in that thread if I am not mistaken

Comment

I found this on ebay austrailia, it'll bolt right up to the manifold, turn the throttle forwards, im hoping it'll get it forwards enough to get the TB just past the front lip of the cowl. I have a cowl induction hood, so once its past that cowl lip hood clearance isn't an issue. if this works my woes are solved.
              Attached Files

Comment

So I got the aussie elbow today. Itll work perfectly. Just gotta fab up a 1/4" thick flat adapter for the two bolt patterns, but it'll allow me to mount the throttle body without any modification to the cowl, manifold, or tb.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice, looking good..
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Got the adapter plate for the throttle fabed up. Now that the fitment issue is solved I can get back on porting the intake... more updates to come
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

A few more pics of the fitment now that the throttle adapter is done...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks clean! How much longer until she's running?

Comment

I still have to figure out how to convince the wife why I need to spend more money on the car, lol

Comment

no new pics for today, but after much trial and error it seams no combination of fittings will allow me to make the connection from the manifold to the belt tensioner for the heater core . I could order an aussie tensioner, upper and lower heat pipes ( yea theirs are separate from the tensioner ) but none of the ebay junkyards have all the parts from one place so id have to pay 3 times shipping. so, Im just gonna plug the openings at the manifold and water pump and delete the heater core all together. I figure I live in Florida I don't need heat... especially on a car that im only gonna be driving for fun on weekends.

Comment

Yeah, no need for heat, I won’t have heat or A/C when the turbo goes on.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  8 hours ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Had to get another phone
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                  1 week ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Leaking front cover
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • transamtom1
                                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                  by transamtom1
                                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X