No announcement yet.

aussie intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me and my 4year old disassembling the Holden intake.... I've succeeded in passing on the car obsession....haha
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice! I want to see how well you port her out

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Havent had much time on my hands to start porting the intake. I did manage to fabricate a throttle body adapter so I can bolt up the f-body DBW throttle to it . Hopefully il get some time to really dive into this project soon. Will post more pics when I can .

Comment

What’s the adapter look like?

Comment

So here's some pics of the Tb adapter I fabed up. I used glass filled nylon, which is the same material the fwd models intakes are made from. installed a couple of threaded inserts for the tb studs. I figured since its dbw I could mount it sideways to help with clearance issues. I'm probly still going to have to cut the cars cowl for the manifold, but if the tb was upright it stood almost 2 inches higher than the plenum top.
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice, great job on the adapter.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the final product. This has never been done before. There were a couple who had it, but never installed it.

Comment

Yes this is exciting, I've never seen one done.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Thanx guys. I think the next thing I'm gonna tackle with this project is the issue with the coolant bypass for the heater core. The outlet on the lower half of the aussie intake is located further forward and wont work with our stock coolant elbow going into the belt tensioner. I was thinking about tapping the hole in the intake and the belt tensioner for some threaded barb fittings and then just running 1/2" heater hose and clamps in between... I just gotta order a 1/2" npt tap...

Comment

So with some foaming engine bright degreaser, and a brass bristle wire brush I managed to get the interior of the plenum and plenum top pretty darn clean. You can see the casting flaws so still quite a bit to go until mirror polishes. Then its onto the lower half...
                      Attached Files

Comment

That looks awesome! Are you doing a full polish or going to paint any of it?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190813_215203.jpg
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	1573749 I cleaned I degreased the lower half tonight. Came out pretty good. From the pics yall can see the whole thing's all nice and clean now. The port exits at the head mating are pretty rough , so I gotta order a porting kit before I go any further.
                          if your talking about the exterior finish, I'm probly gonna high polish the lid, and just use high heat clear coat for the rest . I like the natural aluminum, and some clear will keep it clean.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Just a couple more pics of everything all cleaned up
                            Attached Files

Comment

Looking good.

Comment

What are you looking to get out of that intake? Wot Tech did a comparison with the fbody intake and the Fbody intake came out on top as a Complete assembly. Holden Lower is better just need to put a FAST Lid with and adapter plate.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                  Had to get another phone
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                  1 week ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Leaking front cover
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • transamtom1
                                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                  by transamtom1
                                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X